Ok so as some of you may know, I've made my decision to save up for a MIM tele

I have one on layaway, its fire engine red with white pg and seymour duncan pickups =]

My only concerns are:
I looked up the serial number and says it was made in 96-98 but I can't find pics from that series because this one has slight variations

The "Fender" on the headstock is solid black, as opposed to the "greyish" look on other fenders

Also, there's about a 1/16 inch gap between the neck and body joint on both sides..should I worry about this?

Also, the pickups sound amazing
=]

Thanks for the help
The gap between the neck is raises suspicion regarding build quality ?
Plus the Fender decal must look authentic ? pics ?
Pictures would help. But if it plays and sounds good and it feels solid, I wouldn't worry.

EDIT: Are the new pickups single coils or hot rails?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Dec 2, 2008,
where are you buying it from?

cos if it is a legit business it will have a genuine certificate. and if your gonna buy it used, then hope that they have one of those certificates too
Im buying it from Daddy's Junky Music
i'm a regular there so they will tell me if somethings wrong with it
theyre all over the place in the northeast us

EDIT:

Here are the only pics i have so far
(Please note: i only used the line 6 for a bit, i played it through several amps hahahahah)

Last edited by xbouncer927 at Dec 2, 2008,
Daddys shouldn't **** you over; they're usually a pretty reliable business. If you're nervous you can check the serial number, I'm sure there's a lookup for it somewhere. Out of curiosity how much are you paying?

Edit: I didn't read carefully, apparently. It shouldn't really matter if it works, either way, but I personally would just trust Daddys
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Looks nice, I'd say go for it. But if you're really unsure a serial number check wouldn't hurt.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by drewsta42
Daddys shouldn't **** you over; they're usually a pretty reliable business. If you're nervous you can check the serial number, I'm sure there's a lookup for it somewhere. Out of curiosity how much are you paying?

Edit: I didn't read carefully, apparently. It shouldn't really matter if it works, either way, but I personally would just trust Daddys

Im paying 220 total for it
I have payed 80 so far
All looks good personally. The logo is probably one of those running changes. Those are the older bridges they used. I don't think they intonate as well, but that is for you to decide. I find it hard to believe though someone does not own one from that time frame to confirm my theory about the logo color/placement. Only other thing I can think of is a warranty/non original neck or something? I think $220 is a good deal as they things hold their value well, and the Duncans are a plus. Wouldn't worry if it plays nicely.