Recommend me a tube amp head with lots of clean headroom

I just want to know about some tube heads that have a lot of headroom to offer so that I can freely use my pedals to their max
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
Quote by Skierinanutshel
marshall major.

this if you have a 2-3 thousand to drop on it

used fender twin reverb

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__fender-twin-reverb_W0QQQ5ftrkparmsZ72Q253A1419Q257C66Q253A3Q257C65Q253A12Q257C39Q253A1QQ_fromfsbZQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQ_sopZ16QQ_scZ1

i think this was customized

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Actually a friend has this Bass tube amp from 73'. It's 200 watts of tube so I dont think is gonna break up......its from the now extint company Earth Research electronics or something like that...sounds ****ing great for guitars.
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Traynor YBA1, basically a plexi clone.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Ya, those things stay pretty clean, from what I know.

TBH, your Carvin should be fine. The V3 has 100 watts...that's plenty of headroom.
Why are you displeased?

I have GAS, that is why.

I play with my V3 on the 50 watt setting though, because I like the clean breaking up sooner, it suits my style of funk strumming and stuff, but it doesn't compliment my distortion pedals better than my friend's solid state for some reason....
I just figured I had too much breaking up to get a good tone or something

would it be better if I just get an overdrive pedal and turn the gain down low and switched the V3 back to 100 watts? would that imitate a broken up clean channel nicely?
Sounds like someone needs a Steel String Singer

You could get a Twin combo, then gut it and put it into a head cabinet.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by forsaknazrael
50W is still plenty of clean headroom.

My friend has a V3 on the 50W setting, and it doesn't break up at all.

What pickup are you using? I use myt neck pickup for all cleans.

For the most part i use my middle position
it breaks up less when i use my neck pickup, but it still breaks up
i have my volume cranked on the clean preamp and the drive between 6-7
its the tone i want, but it doesn't suit my distortion pedals as well as my friend's solid state clean for some reason

plus a new amp just sounds tasty right now, especially since christmas is right around the corner
Why not use the OD on the amp? I'd think it would sound much better than a DS1.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by parkerfly123
For the most part i use my middle position
it breaks up less when i use my neck pickup, but it still breaks up
i have my volume cranked on the clean preamp and the drive between 6-7
its the tone i want, but it doesn't suit my distortion pedals as well as my friend's solid state clean for some reason

plus a new amp just sounds tasty right now, especially since christmas is right around the corner

I really don't think it breaks up, haha.

It's a fairly clean amp. I think you just need to tweak your settings a bit.

My friend's guitar has humbuckers, doesn't really break up. Why don't you turn your treble and prescence a bit down?
What distortion pedal are you using? Looking at your sig I just see a Boss DS-1, and honestly, I've no idea why you'd even want to use one of those with a Carvin V3, it's got more than enough gain and distortion on it's own. I could see you needing an OD pedal at most with one of those.

But, check out the Peavey JSX. It's similar to the V3, but it stays almost totally clean even if you have the channel and master volume up to 10.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I really don't think it breaks up, haha.

It's a fairly clean amp. I think you just need to tweak your settings a bit.

My friend's guitar has humbuckers, doesn't really break up. Why don't you turn your treble and prescence a bit down?

eh i'll **** around with it this weekend and we'll see
i just took the "john frusciante" settings from the ultimate settings thread and modified it to my own, but the mids are low and the treble is pretty high

and thanks skier, you totally just reminded me of ceriatone amps haha
Quote by icronic
What distortion pedal are you using? Looking at your sig I just see a Boss DS-1, and honestly, I've no idea why you'd even want to use one of those with a Carvin V3, it's got more than enough gain and distortion on it's own. I could see you needing an OD pedal at most with one of those.

But, check out the Peavey JSX. It's similar to the V3, but it stays almost totally clean even if you have the channel and master volume up to 10.

I am planning on getting an ibanez ts9, its only a hundred bucks now and i digged the tones when i tried it

but my reason for using the DS-1 is because I wanted a different tone of distortion for a few specific songs my band plays
my V3 gets monster distorted tones already, but i don't like tweaking much after I've found a setting that I like, so to save me some trouble i just decided to use my DS-1 for my more fairly light to sharp gain type of songs
Quote by parkerfly123
I am planning on getting an ibanez ts9, its only a hundred bucks now and i digged the tones when i tried it

but my reason for using the DS-1 is because I wanted a different tone of distortion for a few specific songs my band plays
my V3 gets monster distorted tones already, but i don't like tweaking much after I've found a setting that I like, so to save me some trouble i just decided to use my DS-1 for my more fairly light to sharp gain type of songs

If you're willing to part with $250, get an Xotic BB Plus OD pedal... It's essentially a 2 in 1 pedal... the first channel is kind of a typical tubescreamer sound, the second channel is a super versatile OD that goes from totally clean, to super insane overdrive, plus it's got a 3 band EQ on it... Can get about just tone you can imagine with it... I actually use it as a clean boost for that really kinda snappy percussive funk type songs.

I've found that actual distortion pedals never really work well with tube amps like they do with SS ones. Generally if I want a different distortion tone, I'll combine my amps dist channel with an OD pedal, or I'll drastically alter the EQ on the amp, or if I'm looking for something radically different I'll use my 10 band EQ to get something different.
Quote by parkerfly123

Skip the TS9, grab the BBE Green Screamer. It's 50 bucks at GC right now.

And the DS-1 is blah...so fizzy.