Anybody know where I can get some?

I'm willing to buy a 6 string set and just ditch the low B if I have to, but I was wondering if I could buy a heavy set of guitar strings and use the low E.
High B...what?

edit: Oh, I see. You know when most bassists tune EADGC when the 5th is high

If you're going to use guitar strings, you'll need the low B from a 7-string set.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by Mutant Corn
High B...what?

edit: Oh, I see. You know when most bassists tune EADGC when the 5th is high

If you're going to use guitar strings, you'll need the low B from a 7-string set.

Are bass and guitar gauged different? Cause what I've seen the c on a bass is usually like .035 whereas a low b on a 7 string would be like .055 or more.
well, the string for a guitar would be too short.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Just buy a .30 or .28 separately.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Last edited by Mayano at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by the humanity
well, the string for a guitar would be too short.

You sir are a genius.

I've been trying to find one seperately but Im having trouble locating one that is both flatwound and bronze.
Quote by Kapalen
You sir are a genius.

I've been trying to find one seperately but Im having trouble locating one that is both flatwound and bronze.

thank you

I'm pretty sure sure a C string for a 6 string will be fine. just custom order it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom