9 38%
Peavey Valveking 212 Combo Amp
4 17%
Peavey Valveking 100 Head and half stack
2 8%
Peavey Valveking 100 Head and buy different cab
9 38%
Voters: 24.
I'm planning on getting a new amp, I have around $650 to spend. I dont play in a band yet, but plan to start a punk/rock band in college. I have been looking at the Peavey Valveking series, but don't know which of them to get. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Æ
Dont see a poll dude.

Valvekings are nice, but not the best.
it depends what type of music.
valveking can do everything well.
not good, well.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
IMO get the 112 and swap out the speaker.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
i put a poll up. i play punk like alkaline trio and rise against, but my solos are more along the lines of randy rhoads and kirk hammett
Æ
The VK will do punk well. I'd try to either get the head and a different cab or a 112 and swap the speaker. The latter option would be cheaper but might not have the headroom you require for cleans.

The benefit of the former is that you wouldn't have to pay money later on for a cab and head. The Valveking's stock speakers are the worst feature about the amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by bluethunder2512
i put a poll up. i play punk like alkaline trio and rise against, but my solos are more along the lines of randy rhoads and kirk hammett

yep i polled. i used to have a VK and I played ska/punk on it, so it should be alright for what you need.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
The head and Avatar or Lopoline 2x12 all the way, man.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
i dont really have enough money to get the amp and cab haha. wat would be a good replacement speaker for the 112?
Æ
Personally I'd rather rub my testicles on a cheese grater than play through a Valveking ever again, but that's just me.
Quote by bluethunder2512
i dont really have enough money to get the amp and cab haha. wat would be a good replacement speaker for the 112?

warehouseguitarspeaker.com make a Celestion Vintage 30 clone called a Veteran30. $70.

Eminence makes a Texas Heat, Man O War, and actually one called Red Coat which might suit you well. $75- $85 range.

I didn't vote but a 112 is what I'd go for.

...nice one Slicker!
I have been kind of lurking over on the VK thread, but there was a train wreck earlier and I am uncertain of survivors! Be that as it may, the thread has some great info and clips of VK112's with different speaker arrangements. I am sticking an Emminence Cannabis Rex in mine next week.

Emminence has a great feature on their site that allows you to hear the different speaker voicings with (presumably) the same exact gear and nearly the exact riff; great tool.

Note that this is likely not what a VK will sound like, but it will give you an idea as to the differences in the speaker tones.

Good luck.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
warehouseguitarspeaker.com make a Celestion Vintage 30 clone called a Veteran30. $70.

Eminence makes a Texas Heat, Man O War, and actually one called Red Coat which might suit you well. $75- $85 range.

I didn't vote but a 112 is what I'd go for.

...nice one Slicker!

haha i think you might be the nicest guy on UG, 311.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE