this is probably a change from the usual amp recommendation threads, so i dont know if you guys are experts on this, but im gonna get some computer speakers with a $50 USD budget. i will be playing my POD through them, and since i have my computer set up so that the computer's playback comes through the pod's monitors, im looking to get nice speakers. i have a bass amp that i think i might use for a subwoofer, so all i need is two satelite speakers i guess.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I wouldn't recommend using the bass amp for a sub, just get a 2.1, it will work much better. For brands check out Creative, Logitech, really anything that you find at Circuit City, Best Buy or Radioshack. You can always ask the sales people there if they have any recommendations.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I have no clue what to suggest to you, but if you're looking for a good deal, check out Tiger Direct's website.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well yeah, newegg is good too.
geeks.com has some really good deals too, but the quality on some of their stuff seems a bit shoddy. I bought a few PC fans from them a long time ago, and they still work great though.
But, those are just fans
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i've been using the bass amp and it'ss been working well with the pod and the sounds from the computer actually, and it might not be as good as an actual subwoofer, but i think im just gonna work on getting two good satelites for now, and i could get an actual sub later.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by jymellis
i use harman/kardon brand speakers.

they seem nice, but i cant find any around $50
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Save up a little more and get some low end studio monitors... or some studio quality head-phones.