I never learned anything that was jazz. I was wondering if someone could point me towards some good/fun songs to learn and artists?
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
While we're young - Wes Montgomery
four on six - Wes Montgomery
anthropology - Charlie Parker
Summertime - George Gershwin

These are all jazz song, just a few off the top of my head.
Quote by TrasherFromHell
While we're young - Wes Montgomery
four on six - Wes Montgomery
anthropology - Charlie Parker
Summertime - George Gershwin

These are all jazz song, just a few off the top of my head.

Thanks!
Quote by freddaahh
anything else?..i also am interested in playing some good blues songs...
The ignorance of some of these people is astounding. It's just the same as saying "What are some good rock songs? You're not going to get two of the same answers so there's really no point in asking this question. Jazz is as broad a genre as anything people are just so ignorant to it.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
The ignorance of some of these people is astounding. It's just the same as saying "What are some good rock songs? You're not going to get two of the same answers so there's really no point in asking this question. Jazz is as broad a genre as anything people are just so ignorant to it.

I was looking for some songs to get started. As someone new to the genre
Quote by freddaahh
Definitely try Goodbye Porkpie Hat by Charles Mingus. It's very bluesy and very easy to play. If you're up for a challenge, try Donna Lee by Charlie Parker. Or alternately, buy a copy of the Real Book (prefferably Vol. 1 aka The Sixth Edition) and just start learning songs from there. And it's all in music notation, so you can learn jazz standards and work on your reading chops simultaneously.
start with autumn leaves and blue bossa
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
depends what type of jazz you want, i don't like any jazz with vocals and some jazz has vocals, some doesn't.

If you like the same jazz as me you might like Joe Pass, The Dave Brubeck Quartet and some of Joe Sample's solo stuff.