I have to do an English project and I need 3 songs about the American Dream. I'd like to include at least 1 metal/grind song if anyone knows of one. Any suggestions? (needs to be school friendly)
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
possibly.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
i did a musical censorsjip speech and used stuff like that just to get away with it. used the most explicit lyrical finds i could.
that wont fly though.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
What exactly is the American Dream? Working all your life and then one day waking up next to a fat bitch you call your wife?
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Paradise by the Dashboard Lights - Meatloaf

/thread
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
I would suggest Americana by the offspring but when "Well Fuck You!" is restated throughout the song repeatedly, I don't think it would work......But other than that it does fit your request.
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
August Burns Red - "An American Dream"? It's school-friendly!
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by chrismetal86
What exactly is the American Dream? Working all your life and then one day waking up next to a fat bitch you call your wife?

The american dream is what you make it.

No really it's liek owning a house and having a steady job and a family for most people.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
it's country music, but American Child by phil vassar seems to be a good "american dream" story. at least how i see it
Quote by MedicreDemon
The american dream is what you make it.

No really it's liek owning a house and having a steady job and a family for most people.

it's kind of similar to what you said, but i think the american dream is about basically having opportunity and making the most out of it
Ted Nugent's "Crave" talks a bit about the American Dream.
"They say rock n' roll is dead well not while I'm alive it ain't" - Liam Gallagher

"It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors." - Oscar Wilde

Quote by DrNick
August Burns Red - "An American Dream"? It's school-friendly!

you took mine dammit!
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
anything off animals could be considered almost corruption in the american dream or capitalism really
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Factory - Bruce Springsteen
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.