Next year I'm going off to college and of course i want to bring one of my guitars. The problem is that I have an emotional attachment to all of them and i do not want to risk them at college. So my solution is to eventually (so don't yell at me for "moar pics") to build a really quick cheap and dirty guitar.

My question is... What do you guys at UG think is the most versatile pickup combination eg. three single coils two coil tapped humbuckers etc? My goal is to keep it between 150 and 160 USD with the neck and body costing me 90. Thanks for the help.

Edit: forgot to mention i play everything from blues and jazz to metal
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
Last edited by Kolanski at Dec 2, 2008,
I'd say the P-Rails from SD are hella awesome... p90, single, and hb sound from both, and with some crafty wiring tricks you could probably have an insane amount of sounds.

might not sit in the budget range though.
------

Shwiggity.
Perhaps a meaty coil-split bridge 'bucker, a p 90 in the middle, and a single in the neck? Sounds versatile to me.
hmm well thats something i didn't think about
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.