What are the odds of getting caught pirating music?
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
Quote by damn-right!
Depends how smart you are.

What do you mean?
Quote by RPGoof
Extremely low.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by metaldud536
You running 'bout calling yourself a pirate?

Lol, No, Only reason I ask is my cousin got caught and has been in jail the past 2 years.
Quote by RPGoof

Well, I'd say pretty slim.

And keep in mind we're on a website right now dedicated to pirating music.
You're*
I may be 100% wrong, but I heard that they usually catch people uploading music,not downloading.
Quote by Pinetum
I may be 100% wrong, but I heard that they usually catch people uploading music,not downloading.

That's what I hear.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I think you probably have a better chance of being anally raped by a Mongolian lightning bolt on a sunny day in Scotland than getting caught pirating music.
Quote by Pinetum

What do you mean by that? (Sorry to sound like a dumbass)
Quote by RPGoof
Ive downloaded over 100 GB's of music... Ive only been caught downloading movies and that was once... my friend got caught twice... the most they cable/internet provider did was make us delete the files and "threaten" to shut off the internet.
Quote by Survivalism

Well, I'd say pretty slim.

And keep in mind we're on a website right now dedicated to pirating music.

holy **** dude! thats really 105gigs of music?
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by Foible776

What he's saying is.
Get files -- you're fine!
Give files --
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by Pinetum

Right you are. They get the people with music in shared folders and such.

As for the question.... You're far less likely to get caught pirating music than your grandmother is to get caught pirating music (though you did it on her computer).

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Foible776

i'm not positive what it means. i use limewire, and i think they usually catch the people who make their songs available to be downloaded by otheres, if that makes sense?

sorry i can't be much help, i dont really have any idea what i'm talking about haha.
pretty good now that the FBI watched you make this thread. Id delete limewire nao if i were u.
They catch you uploading it. there's not a high chance you'll get caught. But they can really nail you if they do.
Quote by potcorn56
holy **** dude! thats really 105gigs of music?

It's not a massive amount, on this hard drive I have 74.2GB of music, and I'm yet to transfer all my collection (about twice that) from my old hard drive.
My CD collection is about 10 discs.
ohai little sig.
Quote by Cody188
They catch you uploading it. there's not a high chance you'll get caught. But they can really nail you if they do.

All I've ever done is downloaded it. I've never uploaded anything.

On a second note Limewire sucks dick. Use a real program.
Quote by RPGoof
^ i really can't be assed to figure out how to make torrent programs work.
Quote by Foible776
On a second note Limewire sucks dick. Use a real program.

QFT
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by Foible776
What are the odds of getting caught pirating music?

My brother had a friend in college who got caught because he wasn't smart. He lived on campus and used the campus-provided internet. The school found that this guy was pirating music so it got reported. He got kicked out of school, served two years in prison and had to pay a ton of money in fines and retribution.
Quote by Trefellin
I think you probably have a better chance of being anally raped by a Mongolian lightning bolt on a sunny day in Scotland than getting caught pirating music.

Hey, don't joke about that... My cousin twice removed got bummed by a Mongolian lightning bolt whilst at the beach in Scotland last summer.
with limewire, you can just choose to not share anything by removing all the folders from the "shared folders" option. with torrents, there is nothing you can do to not share your files, because the way the system works is that you are rewarded by sharing files by getting to download from more users.

RIAA and similar agencies use limewire and torrents to find out which users are uploading files, they look up the ip address, find out the ISP of the ip address, contact the isp, and then the isp contacts you
Not my band, but something you should definitely listen to:
Toast Machine
Quote by Pinetum

Just like the Dodo couldn't be arsed in escaping it's extinction. And what happened to the Dodo? IT'S DEAD.
Quote by Bignose
Just like the Dodo couldn't be arsed in escaping it's extinction. And what happened to the Dodo? IT'S DEAD.

but...but..!

Quote by Pinetum

Yeah, it is an incredibly difficult two-step process.

Quote by bladeguy4543
with limewire, you can just choose to not share anything by removing all the folders from the "shared folders" option. with torrents, there is nothing you can do to not share your files, because the way the system works is that you are rewarded by sharing files by getting to download from more users.

Other than turning your upload speed to zero. But, as a Limewire user, that concept is clearly way over your head.
You're*