Should I sell my Squier SP-10 Amp ($75 new) when I get my Peavey Vypyr 30? I could probably get $30-50 dollars for it at cash converters or a guitar store.
Nah. Keep it in case you ever need to travel and dont wanna take your Vypyr. the money you would get from it wouldn't get you TOO much guitar wise. Maybe a decent pedal, but you already have all the Vypyr effects.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I mean, we can't know your financial situation. But I can tell you it's occasionally useful to have a little practice amp around... I used some cannibalized parts from my little 10w on a speaker cabinet I built, and I've also found it sounds good all the way up because it clips and fizzes out and makes some raucous noise. Also, I couldn't sell it haha
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
Stay away from the modeling amps!

I disagree, the vypyr is a fine little amp for what it's designed for.
Quote by tona_107
I disagree, the vypyr is a fine little amp for what it's designed for.

I disagree with your disagreement.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
I disagree with your disagreement.

I disagree the vyper is kick-ass and is highly recommended on the ug forums
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Quote by Dirty_Civilian

didnt see that PWNED

on topic: sp-10's arent the greatest but they can live as a good practice amp and your would want a decent practice amp more then you would want 20$s
Fender Telecaster
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
Get a Orange Crush 30R.

are they in australia? if they are they are nice amps but i still like the vyper
Fender Telecaster
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
Stay away from the LINE6 modeling amps!

Fixed.

Roland, Peavey, and others make some very good modeling amps.

And Orange amps are good, but not for metal. If you play more classic stuff, then definitely check them out.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
Get a Orange Crush 30R.

Orange Crush is garbage.
It's a complete waste of money.
It's for people that want an Orange but are too stupid to save up for one that actually SOUNDS like an Orange.
Moral of the story: just becuase it's a good brand, doesn't mean everything it touches is gold.