I've been in all of my local music stores (Sam Ash, GC, Ken Stanton) and no one has any. And the only ones that are on the Guitar Center site are vintage models and the Billie Joe Jr, all exeeding the price of the standard (I believe somewhere around $745?).
Quote by powerchord117
I've been in all of my local music stores (Sam Ash, GC, Ken Stanton) and no one has any. And the only ones that are on the Guitar Center site are vintage models and the Billie Joe Jr, all exeeding the price of the standard (I believe somewhere around $745?).

Standard being this?
YES!

They added it back! it wasn't on the Gibson website for a while.

But none of the stores actually sell LP Jrs for the MSRP and its mostly a matter of finding it in a store where it's priced lower.
Quote by powerchord117
YES!

They added it back! it wasn't on the Gibson website for a while.

But none of the stores actually sell LP Jrs for the MSRP and its mostly a matter of finding it in a store where it's priced lower.

Most stores price their Gibson's lower then the price states on the site.
Quote by ThePechanator
Yeah, street price is usually about 30% less than the MSRP.

Do you know a website where I could find one? Not a Billie Joe signature or vintage or anything, just a good ol' Les Paul Jr.
Probably gonna have to go with eBay or craigslist. It looks like they stopped sending those to stores/websites in favor of the new melody makers.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
You can ask GC or SamAsh to order one in for ya

That's always an option, but with gibsons QC, I wouldn't do it.
TS : I am also looking into this guitar and may buy it sometime next year, lemme know how it plays if you get one!

good luck.
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Dec 3, 2008,
Gibson only just put the regular LP Jrs back into production, and Gibson are going through some distribution problems right now, so it's probably going to be hard to find new models like this for a few months. Don't get your hopes up.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Gibson only just put the regular LP Jrs back into production, and Gibson are going through some distribution problems right now, so it's probably going to be hard to find new models like this for a few months. Don't get your hopes up.

How come they stopped making them for a while?
what about the epi les paul jr.? its only 100 bucks, would it be worth if if i got one and changed the pickup in it to a p-90 or something?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by powerchord117
How come they stopped making them for a while?

Because they were trying to flog the Billie Joe model for more money. But thankfully it seems that they have the old model back in production.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Because they were trying to flog the Billie Joe model for more money. But thankfully it seems that they have the old model back in production.
Apparently they've actually lost a lot of money on the Billie Joe model, because so few people bought them.

They actually aren't bad guitars and I've got nothing against Billie Joe himself, but replacing a long-standing popular model with a more expensive version that wans't really any different wasn't a smart move. I know a lot of people who whould have been happy to buy one if Gibson simply hadn't pissed everyone off so much with it.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
what about the epi les paul jr.? its only 100 bucks, would it be worth if if i got one and changed the pickup in it to a p-90 or something?

Hardly, the body is made out of a very ****y wood and the tuning heads are crap. I tried one at a guitar center once.
Indeed the tuners feel awful, but I've got an Epi LP Jr I use to practise modding, and the tuners have held up fine for me even though they feel cheap.

And the body seems to be solid alder. Normally for any kind of Les Paul that'd be bad, but when you consider that's what most mid-range Strats are made from... it's really not so terrible.

Buy one to trash, they may not be gig-quality but they're still fun little things
Quote by powerchord117
Hardly, the body is made out of a very ****y wood and the tuning heads are crap. I tried one at a guitar center once.

Indeed they are pretty bad. But the '57 Reissue one is pretty nice and definitely worth the money.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by MrFlibble
Indeed the tuners feel awful, but I've got an Epi LP Jr I use to practise modding, and the tuners have held up fine for me even though they feel cheap.

And the body seems to be solid alder. Normally for any kind of Les Paul that'd be bad, but when you consider that's what most mid-range Strats are made from... it's really not so terrible.

Buy one to trash, they may not be gig-quality but they're still fun little things

I'll probably get one if I ever want a guitar that I can smash or if I ever want to heavily modify a bad guitar(tuners, hardware, and all).
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^