Well next fall im hopefully headed off to The Ohio State University. I was going to take my Gibson SG but i started thinking it will probably be stolen or something. So I was looking to invest in a cheap electric guitar. It needs to be good for Heavy metal as well as Power ballady stuff.

Any information or so would be helpful in my quest to save my SG from certain doom.

thank you

check out some esp guitars they arent brandy but they are awesome in tone and cost wise they are the pwnage
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
Get a hard case and a lock for it, and lock your room door?

But if you absolutely want another cheaper guitar, what price range you lookin at?
I have my Gibson SG, Fender Tele, Fender P Bass, and a vintage acoustic all sitting on a stand in my common room. Last year I had most of 'em in my tiny double room. It's not a big deal in school, as long as your room mate respects your stuff then you'll be fine.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I have my Gibson SG, Fender Tele, Fender P Bass, and a vintage acoustic all sitting on a stand in my common room. Last year I had most of 'em in my tiny double room. It's not a big deal in school, as long as your room mate respects your stuff then you'll be fine.

I think we got different defintions of common room. In my res the "common room" is always unlocked and can be accessed by everyone in the building. I would never leave a guitar in there, it would be gone in a day.
Quote by Stir-Fry

I think we got different defintions of common room. In my res the "common room" is always unlocked and can be accessed by everyone in the building. I would never leave a guitar in there, it would be gone in a day.

Yeahhh by common room I mean my room is a quad. We have three rooms, two doubles and one larger room between the two doubles with some couches and stuff. The four of us can get into the common room, and only the two for each side have keys to the respective rooms. I dunno how they did that with the keys, but it's pretty neat. What you call a common room is probably what we call a lounge.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite