Page 1 of 3
Maybe its just me, but i noticed alot of praise from this guy...even some saying he was the best instrumentalist in the band.....yet metallica in 83-86 were a guitar oriented band anyways...and I just didnt feel he is as good as what some people are saying. Alot of the times, I cant even hear him playing because the guitars are so loud in the mix (especially on master of puppets.)
overated, yes but he was pretty damn good Robs Better though IMHO.
I am me. Live with it.
all mildly famous people that die are automatically talented. look at heath ledger
Call me Jack
He wrote Orion, which has got to be my favourite Metallica song.

Overrated? Perhaps.

Talented? Yes.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Quote by srv_king
all mildly famous people that die are automatically talented. look at heath ledger

Or take Dimebag as another example. Ive had my life threatened for saying that I dont like Dimebag.
you dont li3k dimebag?!?!?!?!!!!1111!! IM GUNNA KILL YOU!!
Call me Jack
Quote by zacharydak

Overrated? Perhaps.

Talented? Yes.

Plus One.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by BerryTree
i absolutely cannot stand his tone....it sounds too dry to me....(Im talking about dimebag)

Ha. It kind of reminds me of a bumblebee.
Quote by srv_king

Spot on impression. People around here flip if you say anything about him.
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
Or take Dimebag as another example. Ive had my life threatened for saying that I dont like Dimebag.

Same here. I actually got into a fight with someone at my high school because I said I didn't care that he was dead. Besides Phil may be an asshole, but atleast Down was better than Damageplan.
Quote by srv_king

Run bitch, He gunna keeel you.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
i think that he is overated but he taught the other members of metallica so much about music and writing
Quote by srv_king

RIP DIMEBAG RIP DIMEBAG RIP DIMEBAG RIP DIMEBAG RIP DIMEBAG RIP DIMEBAG

But yeah, Cliff is kinda overrated. I still like him, though.
Read thefitz blog on this.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
He was pretty amazing, but some people blow it way out of proportion.

I had a friend of mine stop speaking to me for two weeks because I said I thought Dimebag was overrated. I'm not really friends with him anymore, but that's for other reasons.
~Heads Will Roll
Throats Will Be Slit
Blood Will Flow Like Spring Of Water!~

Quote by john_latchem
Speed Emblem = winnar!
i dont like his ice cream
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway
**** you dime haters..... although i geuss you're not alone nathan gale agreed but he's a bitch too
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
He wasn't bad, certainly not the best bassist ever, but still pretty good, but overrated. And Dime is horrifically overrated, his tone sounds like a bullet piercing a skull or something.
Dead folks get overrated- that's just the way things are.

In reality, it shouldn't matter. Think whatever you want and enjoy whatever you can
Quote by DeAd-RiP
overated, yes but he was pretty damn good Robs Better though IMHO.

Yeah but you have to remember that Rob is 40 something years old, Cliff was only 24 when he died and, I think, given the chance he would have cemented himself one of the greatest bassists ever (though I believe he already is to some extent).

R.I.P Cliff!
No, IMO the stuff he wrote was very simple compared to other classic metal songs or actually good bassists or musicians. Incredibly overrated, but I guess everybody get "OMG!!! Best bassist ever" when they are heard.
There are probably multiple other candidates for best bassist ever that would NOT be Cliff Burton, but he was an exceptionally talented songwriter. Metallica definitely lost the weird, sideways aspect to their songwriting that made them so powerful when he died.
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
Quote by Orbit91
cliff Burton sux bob rock was der best bassist

TROLL!!!
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
Quote by elimination1021
TROLL!!!

I'm not a mythical Russian creature that lives under a bridge.
Quote by Sonicxlover
yeh anyone who dies young will be overated, but he was a pretty sick bassist, he was a good songwriter and had stage prescence
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
He brought a lot of groove to the band and James has said he learned a lot about melody from Cliff. He did have skills, but he does get more credit than he deserves sometimes.
well maybe a little overrated just because he died. everyone who dies is automatically remember as ten times better than they ever really were. but he was extremely talented, lead bass wasnt really heard of before then and imo he should be remembered as a composer over a bassist really. i mean he wrote some of Metallica's best songs. well actually Mustaine did too..

zomg gais, what if in like 50 years when they're all dead and in heaven they make do a reunion show with James, Mustaine, Burton and Ulrich!?!?

*pees self*
Quote by Sonicxlover
Quote by srv_king

Look at Dimebag Darrel
Quote by Rookie One
makes jizz shoot out of your don johnson
Quote by BerryTree
Maybe its just me, but i noticed alot of praise from this guy...even some saying he was the best instrumentalist in the band.....yet metallica in 83-86 were a guitar oriented band anyways...and I just didnt feel he is as good as what some people are saying. Alot of the times, I cant even hear him playing because the guitars are so loud in the mix (especially on master of puppets.)

seriously?

Oh man he was a good yes but alot of people near me literally praise him

he's not the best
he would never be the best

He was damn good.
uhhhhh

Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
I remembered the time I was so blazed I got a boner looking at a muffin.

Quote by Kensai
I like my ramen noodles like I like my women: Devoid of any taste lying lifeless in a body of water.

Thats how every man likes his women
Page 1 of 3