You better like this band... one of the hottest new bands, they've toured with Slipknot, Disturbed, Mastodon, Motorhead, just to name a few. They've got such an awesome sound, and some awesome riffs and ghostly vocals. I've seen them twice, but just lately, they came to Denver, the hometown of the lead singer Ivan Moody. It was an AWESOME show with the craziest mosh I've been in. They played about seven songs, and I was ****in happy to see them.
This isn't metal.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
it's not half bad...it's all bad.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Quote by Da Squiz
No they're Metal, not Hardcore.

Quote by Magero
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2510487
Three closed threads in the metal forum...
What does that tell you?

Ahem.
Not to be an ass, but those are opinions. If the band calls their self metal, they're metal, even if they have hardcore influenced vocals.
Ok, I'm not trying to get into an argument, I'm asking if you like a band. If not, say no. If so, then say hell yes!!
I love metal. I love hardcore. Don't do either genre a disservice by including these guys in one or the other. These guys are terrible.
--Gear List--
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Duncan Hot Rails
Duncan JB Jr.
Peavey Bandit
Sigma DR28
i think its pathetic how this forum has a list of bands that are appropriate to talk about....**** this bull ****ty censorship....
This is not the damn wrong forum. What could make this hardcore or anything else. If anything it's Groove or Thrash.
Last edited by Da Squiz at Dec 3, 2008,
Quote by bassx901
i think its pathetic how this forum has a list of bands that are appropriate to talk about....**** this bull ****ty censorship....

It's about traffic. Metalcore gets too many fuckwits who type like you and think Trivium "r liek, so amzng nd hevy".
Quote by Da Squiz
If anything it's ...Trash.

Finally, we agree.
This band is no good, I heard a bunch of people saying they were the new Pantera (I don't like Pantera much in the first place but still) and no. These guys don't compare, and the vocals ruin it. I think the Guitar Pro file of 'The Way of the Fist' with RSE turned on sounds better than the actual song.

Also, not metal. If you're trying to determine if a potentially '-core' band is metal and you can't tell just by sound then listen to the attitude of the music. Obviously a metalcore attitude in their music.

Also, these guys seem to be in the same boat as Lamb of God. Except Lamb of God used to be metal.
Last edited by bloodshed344 at Dec 3, 2008,
Did you know the Lamb of God singer used to be in a screamo band? Even they had influences outside of metal. You might be able to say that FFDP is metalcore, but they still have that metal in it. And the music might be a little whiny, but it's still stuff everyone can relate to.
Quote by Da Squiz
Did you know the Lamb of God singer used to be in a screamo band? Even they had influences outside of metal. You might be able to say that FFDP is metalcore, but they still have that metal in it. And the music might be a little whiny, but it's still stuff everyone can relate to.

We don't care about what Lamb of God's singer used to do. In fact, most people here don't care about Lamb of God at all, especially since they aren't related to this topic.

It doesn't matter whether you think they're metal, whether we think they're metal, or whether THEY think they're metal. The rules say they AREN'T, so quit your damn whining and go discuss this band in the right forum.
Quote by Da Squiz

Well that's cool and all about LoG's singer, but he also has a death metal side project. It doesn't mean LoG is death metal or screamo. They did used to be kinda deathy/groove metal. (On BtP and NAG)

But as the other dude said, this topic is not about LoG. It's not about anything actually it's just against the rules in this forum.

SHEDit: Can you tell me where to find some info about Randy being in a screamo band because I have never heard about that. He has been in LoG since he was in college.
Quote by Da Squiz
Not to be an ass, but those are opinions. If the band calls their self metal, they're metal, even if they have hardcore influenced vocals.

Elton John once said that his music is symphonic tech. death with a tinge of grind elements. I was gonna argue that statement with him but since HE said that's what it is, then he must be correct.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by Da Squiz

Quote by bassx901

oh god

Stop it, you're hurting me

Seriously, where do you guys come from?
Quote by Da Squiz
Ok, I'm not trying to get into an argument, I'm asking if you like a band. If not, say no. If so, then say hell yes!!

you clearly said in the first post , that we 'better like them'.

so what now, dip****?
They're not bad...I like 'The Bleeding' and 'Stranger than Fiction'...'The Way of the Fist' is probably my least favorite song of theirs on the radio...not a big fan...the vocals are too much like the self-titled Slipknot cd.
FFDP has been around for a while. Their latest CD isn't that bad actually. And yeah to all of the genre nazis, go suck one.
Quote by madbasslover
Oh for the love of god...

We're not being genre nazis, you freaking jackass. They aren't allowed here in the metal forum. Where the hell did you people come from, The Pit?

Yes

Quote by SloppyJoseph
FFDP has been around for a while. Their latest CD isn't that bad actually. And yeah to all of the genre nazis, go suck one.

All you people who can't seem to abide by one of the two or three simple rules this sub-forum has, go suck one.
This thread is still open XD Somebody get in here and close it please? As amusing as this argument is, it got old when I was insisting that Trivium were metal 2 years ago
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
This band are probably the puveyors of the most intelligent, beautiful lyrics I have ever seen. Such lyrics as "NO MERCY,YOU FAGGOT!" and "YOU'RE MONKEY SEE AND MONKEY DO!"
are so great they could make Hemingway drop his pen forever, as he clearly has been usurped in poetic majesty...

And these guys are one of the worst bands i've ever heard. Almost as bad as bedroom black metal.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Quote by mr kipling
This band are probably the puveyors of the most intelligent, beautiful lyrics I have ever seen. Such lyrics as "NO MERCY,YOU FAGGOT!" and "YOU'RE MONKEY SEE AND MONKEY DO!"
are so great they could make Hemingway drop his pen forever, as he clearly has been usurped in poetic majesty...

And these guys are one of the worst bands i've ever heard. Almost as bad as bedroom black metal.

bedroom black metal?
Quote by mr kipling

There are some great black metal bands that record from their houses.
Last edited by Psychopathology at Dec 3, 2008,
Quote by mr kipling

They actually have those lyrics? Ha, that has to be the most retarded, testosterone filled metalcore I have ever seen. I bet everyone in the band are 'bros' as well.
Quote by Psychopathology
There are some great black metal bands that record from there houses.

I think he means stuff like Happy Days.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
I think he means stuff like Happy Days.

I thought he just meant the standard Darkthrone clone. Happy Days?
Quote by Psychopathology
I thought he just meant the standard Darkthrone clone. Happy Days?

GENERIC and shitty "depressive" black metal.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory