Sometimes. I test out some guitars in Drop D and Open G, but I don't get too wacky at the store. I don't need to test in CFCFCF and DGCGCD to know it's good.
I do it. I love changing the tunings to Sonic Youth standard, knowing that whoever picks up the guitar and tries to play on it is going to be confused out of his or her mind.
i put them in drop d (cause its easy) if i am really gonna buy it, but make sure that you put it back into standard, people hate it if you leave it
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
The only tunings I use in guitar stores are E standard/drop D and D standard/drop C, just because I can easily put D standard/drop C back into E standard.
For some reason, most of the guitars I pick up tend to be in Drop Balls, so I tune them up to at least Drop D.
if your actually considering buying the guitar then yes.
Call me Jack
Every electric guitar I ever pick up at the store is always in f*cking Drop D. I always change them back to standard, although I like Drop D every now and then.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I picked up a bass once that was tuned GDAE, like a violin.

I lol'd.

The lowest I've tuned to is Drop D. I usually tune it back to E standard when I'm done, though.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I picked up a bass once that was tuned GDAE, like a violin.

The only time I retune is if it's out of tune or I want to go to drop d
I don't go lower than a D, so no problem for me.

If you're in some hxc band though and you're serious about buying, sure.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
I go for weird tunings like E B C# D# B F# and D A G D C E. I play finger style acoustic though so... yeah.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I always but the guitars in drop A#, then cackle manically when someone else use it, then they usually punch me in the teeth
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Only if I can successfully tune them back. I've had one too many experiences where some metalcore kids kept repeatedly downtuning the guitars and completely forgetting to turn them back up. It pisses me off to no end because I have to spend the next five minutes for so trying to get them back SOMEWHERE near "in tune."
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
Yeah whenever i try out a guitar I always try an play Aenema, Which is in drop D. If it don't sound good I put the guitar in a random tuning and fart inside the hollow area inside it.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by tonedeafidiot
I do it. I love changing the tunings to Sonic Youth standard, knowing that whoever picks up the guitar and tries to play on it is going to be confused out of his or her mind.

Congratulations, you're a douche.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
I'll play it in standard tuning most of the time, I really don't know much in drop D anyway other than a couple songs which I can play at a minor inconvenience to myself in standard.
Quote by Mongoose87
Congratulations, you're a douche.

A cool douche
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
Yep, though I always put it back in standard when I am done. I hate picking up a guitar and fixing what the last person couldn't tune.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/