Does anyone have any articles,videos, or advice on retubing a Peavey 5150 MKI with block lettering? I'm the second owner and I would like to change the tubes. In addition if I change the tubes do I have to rebias the amp? How would I go about that?

I would also appreciate some advice on tubes as well. I hear great things about JJ's and Sovteks. I'm just curious what sort of sound I would get from them as well as other tubes?

Thanks UG
The 5150's are biased pretty cold, so really all you need to do is just plug in the new tubes, no biasing necessary. If you want to smooth out the tone, you could get a bias mod done, but it isn't necessary.

JJ's are pretty good from my experience. It'll run you about $120 for a new set of preamp/poweramp tubes.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
if you're replacing like for like then you shouldn't need to rebias

I got two new tubes for my amp from ebay for £30, JJ's
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
It means the tubes are biased to not have much current through them. It results in the harsher sound that 5150's are known for. But you can bias it a little hotter so that it smooths out the tone a bit.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.