Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
If people weren't seen as unprofessional or uncaring for not being married, things would be a LOT different. Most people get married for the legal and social benefits, to be kinda honest.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
17th century New England.

They were banished if any of the above happened.

Because they couldn't get a divorce, you think that means they had to like each other?
In the ancient middle east and most other parts of the world at the time, most couples didn't live long enough for that stuff to happen.
people are sloppy. people get married. therefore, some marriages are sloppy.

ive always felt life is sloppy. its good to have ideals to base some things on. but there are these profound "fairy tale" ideals set into us as kids (girls especially on the marriage one). there is no such thing as a prince charming. notice we revert back to these things in times of trouble. and its usually an issue of not loving yourself enough. if u can't love urself there is no way u can spare enough love for another person.
The concept of Modern Marriage ( finding the right person, loving them, them loving you and growing a family together), is honestly a new thing. Pre-1800's Marriages were made not out of love but more for Families to improve their lot in life. A baker and a Farmer would marry their children so the family in turn would be able to combine resources. Kings married their daughters off to forge alliances. Not to say that marriages based off of love and mutual respect were not unheard, just not as likely the norm. Arranged marriages are another example of the Business side of marriage. In Asiatic cultures, children were married off to either rivals or business partners to make small knit coalitions or trade clans.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam
Et lingua eius loquetur iudicium

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem
Quoniam cum probatus fuerit accipiet coronam vitae

Kyrie, Ignis Divine, Eleison
Quote by Ignis_Divine
The concept of Modern Marriage ( finding the right person, loving them, them loving you and growing a family together), is honestly a new thing. Pre-1800's Marriages were made not out of love but more for Families to improve their lot in life. A baker and a Farmer would marry their children so the family in turn would be able to combine resources. Kings married their daughters off to forge alliances. Not to say that marriages based off of love and mutual respect were not unheard, just not as likely the norm. Arranged marriages are another example of the Business side of marriage. In Asiatic cultures, children were married off to either rivals or business partners to make small knit coalitions or trade clans.

??
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
Quote by schecter_guy
was there ever a time when most marriages worked the way they were supposed to i.e. no divorce, no adultery, they didn't end up hating each other

Most people are silly.

Until a few hundred years ago, marriage wasn't necessarily for love. There has always been adultery, and although divorce wasn't allowed until after Henry VIII, this didn't make them like each other. 'Till death do us part' used to mean about 30 years tops.

Chin up though.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
I haven't seen it very often to tell you the truth. Most married couples I know pretty much hate each other or have gotten a divorce. But I do think it is possible to have a great marriage. I guess your marriage is what you make it... Choose the right one!

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.