So I just lowered the action on my Gibson SG Special Faded. If I'm playing notes at average intensity, there isn't any fret buzz, but if I play a chord pretty hard I get fret buzz. Should I change it so this doesn't happen? Or is it generally accepted that a little fret buzz is okay?
Considering it sounds like shit, and the whole point of guitar is to sound good, then yes, it is necessarily bad.
it just sound sloppy if strings buzz.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
depends, if it's not noticeable when plugged in than no...It's really hard not to get at least a little buzz with drop tunings without raising the action to an ungodly height.
My low c string buzzes, but i've never heard it come through the amp.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by zhunt1130
depends, if it's not noticeable when plugged in than no...It's really hard not to get at least a little buzz with drop tunings without raising the action to an ungodly height.

If using drop tunings use thicker guage strings.

fret buzz is annoying, kills sustain, tone and makes your sound like you can't play cleanly.
try to reduce it at least until you cant hear it through the amp.

I didnt buy a damn electric to play it acousticly.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Only if it affects the amplified tone.

+1.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I don't care for it in any way or form but some guys I know like the action so low on their guitars they live with it. My kids guitar teacher's LP had a load of fret buzz but when the guitar was amped you couldn't notice it at all. I asked him about it and he said he liked it that way too.

John
Quote by johnro6659
I don't care for it in any way or form but some guys I know like the action so low on their guitars they live with it. My kids guitar teacher's LP had a load of fret buzz but when the guitar was amped you couldn't notice it at all. I asked him about it and he said he liked it that way too.

John

I like it like that too. Having short fingers, I need my action really low for the style I play. That being said, I have to trade off a little fret buzz on all my guitars for low action.

Plus, a little fret buzz gives some notes certain characteristics that other guitars won't get.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80