So I've been working on what my dream rig is and so far all i got is the amp:
Peavey JSX Half stack

So I was wondering what guitar matches well with that amp as well as my playing style which is blues to deathmetal and everything in between (classic rock, hard rock, metalcore etc).

Also i'd like to know what effect pedals i'll need. I'm pretty sure I wont need an od/disrotion pedal, more like reverb, delay etc. and also stuff like eq, compressor etc.
I want to know what types of effects are useful not a nessicarily specific make/brand/model.

Thanks
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
an OD, Reverb, Compressor, Delay, EQ, and modulation I.E. Chorus, flanger, phaser, wah, ETC
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
For death metal you'll probably need to boost the gain on the JSX, so get an OD for that
I'd suggest some sort of Ibanez for the guitar as they're great all-rounders
ohai little sig.
The od will make it sound better but the JSX has enough gain. More so than people think. I'd go ahead and go for the whole stack. Get that thick low end. Yeah, you don't have to have it but it sounds a bit better. Some people say, "You don't need a whole stack a half stack is loud enough." Well a whole stack really doesn't make it louder so it's not about volume. It's about definition. I can't go back to half stack anymore. The jsx cabs are alright. I'd get two vadar cabs though. You'll need a ISP decimator or boss ns-2 for a noise gate if you are going to use an od pedal with a lot of gain. Keep it in front of the amp not in the fx loop. In the fx loop keep your reverb and so forth and you can switch it off when you don't need it. EQ is subjective. I don't use one... I feel the amp is voiced like it should be and the eq it has does enough. Compressor got no use for it. I try to keep my signal as clear as possible. I don't even run my tuner into my amp. I unplug and plug into the tuner. And it's a rack tuner. I have an OD pedal and noise gate in front of the amp.
Quote by Demonikk
For death metal you'll probably need to boost the gain on the JSX, so get an OD for that
I'd suggest some sort of Ibanez for the guitar as they're great all-rounders

Some people are loyal to Ibanez but their quality has gone down so far over the past few years. Theres just much better out there. A 800 dollar Schecter c-1 with stock super rock 2 pickups can sound just as good as much more expensive guitars. Chances are if you get an Ibanez that isn't in the prestige series you'll need a change of pickups and fretwork done. Schecter also has the option of having EMG's in there stock but the super rock 2 sound much better.