hey guys
well my mate gave me a fender squier black bullet strat, for free. i have plenty of other guitars so i decided that modding it would be the way to go. It has 21 medium jumbo frets with a maple neck and roddwood fingerboard, but i want to put in a fender maple gloss neck and fingerboard which has 22 frets. i am a noob, so can this be done????
i also want to paint it arctic white, so what tools would i have to use to do this (or pay a "guitar painter??"to do it. i am also going to put in fender pick ups.
so can you guys help me out???
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
You'll have to make sure the scale lengths match up. If the distance from the nut to the 12th is the same as he distance from the 12th to the bridge, you'll be good to go. for painting, all you need is some sandpaper, and a couple cans of paint. Look in the ultimate tutorial thread and see what you can find there.
------

Shwiggity.
dont go with fender pickups unless you like them and they have a nice sound. Just cause something has a brand name doesn't mean its number 1. thats why we have companies like Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio, Guitar Fetish etc
Why don't you start with some cheap/free mods? I'm not trying to be a party pooper, so do what you want, but the price of adding a fender neck, and a nice set of pups just cannot be justified on something like a squier bullet.

I'd start with just the paintjob, maybe try waxing the pickups, if you still hate the sound, invest in some guitar fetish pups, but no more than that.
thanks for ur help guys, the Dimarzios and Guitar fetish sounds good, and ill probably go with what dullsilver mike said. So i have to completly sand off the black finish ebfore painting?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
coben: he can just route the neck pocket to make it fit.

I say go all out and do the best you can do to make the guitar better, with a nice fender neck and some awesome custom wound pickups (Rock monkey guitars or nutthinbuttrul8) then with new hardware and a big sustain block trem....
*goes off into dream land*