I'm still stuck for a half stack come the new year.

For the bass head i've come too these choices all under £200:

Warwick ProFet 3.2
Hartke HA2500
G-K Backline 600

Now, the cheapest is the hartke, but its 50 less watts the either others, but has a 10 band EQ......Worth loosing the extra 50 watts for? I'm not sure? The best option here does seem to be the Warwick, has bright and deep boost switches, 300 USABLE watts, loads of headroom.........5 band EQ, A compressor (But isn't that good apparently), although i have a compressor anyway. and few extra things. GK cost the most, but gives about the same as a Warwick head.

Now i just need cabs......Any ideas? I was thinking about getting an Hartke 4Ohm medium cab (1x15 + 2x8 and tweeter. ect....) but i have read no end of trouble from the paper cones. I dont have much money, but getting a half stack with a 8Ohm cab would knock sound down too 220watts........But allow for a nice 2x10 on top of a 1x15

Thoughts already: Ashdown cabs

Thanks in advance guys
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
I don't know much about the ones you listed, except for the Hartke, which I really have no complaints about; the sound was decent enough for the price, and it was loud enough for me, but I ended up buying Ashdown and I have no complaints there either, granted it has a little bit of excess noise.

I'm sorry I can't really help much, but maybe if you check Harmonycentral and look at reviews for everything that could help you make up your mind. That's about the best advice I have.
Yeah, thats what i thought would be best. Hmmmm, cabs....If i didn't hear so many bad things about the Hartke cabs i'd get one of those....
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Okay, so i'm gonna get a Warwick ProFet 3.2 and an Ashdown MAG 1x15. The add a 2x10 cab when i get a bit more cash.

Thanks guys
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Don't get a 4 ohm cab, there are very few amps that will work below 4 ohms so you cannot expand your rig.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
For christmas I'm getting that Hartke head and a Hartke(maybe warwick) 2x10.

Bad things about Hartke cabs?
I've never heard bad about them, IIRC the first Hartke cabs were made for Jaco.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
For christmas I'm getting that Hartke head and a Hartke(maybe warwick) 2x10.

Bad things about Hartke cabs?
I've never heard bad about them, IIRC the first Hartke cabs were made for Jaco.

I would go for a 15 first and add a 2x10 later. at least a 15 will stand up on a live gig when a 2x10 will struggle on its own.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
Don't get a 4 ohm cab, there are very few amps that will work below 4 ohms so you cannot expand your rig.

Getting a 4Ohms cab was with the intention of not expanding. Getting a 1x15 + 2x8 + Tweeter in one cab was the idea.

Ashdown cabs all the way i think, nice, cheap, reliable and sound pretty damn good.

Head is either the Warwick Profet 3.2, MAG300 evo2 or that little giant 350

EDIT: Yes, 1x15 first. Only exception is if your buying a combo amp then want another cab. you'll want the 1x15 on the bottom.

Also, with the 1x15 and a head. You'll probably be planning on getting a 2x10 in the future. But by that point, you may have a little extra cash and get a 4x10 cab.
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Last edited by pandathe3 at Dec 3, 2008,
Quote by John Swift
I would go for a 15 first and add a 2x10 later. at least a 15 will stand up on a live gig when a 2x10 will struggle on its own.

I disagree. I have ashdown MAG 115 and 210 cabs, and the 115 sounds horrible on it's own. The MAG 210 can easily stand up for itself at a gig. This is of course if you buy ashdown cabs.
Quote by John Swift

yeah, I always guessed 2x10 would cut it better because it's pushing more air, but I won't argue.

If I get a 115 which I probably will now, I'll probably go for the Ashdown MAG 115. I looked at the Hartke 115s but the cabinet is huge, the height of it is nearly twice that of the speaker!
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
It depends what sound you want. ATM i have a 1x15 combo, its sounds nice, just heavy and not powerful enough.
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
That hartke is prety damn amazing. get 1x15
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by budget bassist
I disagree. I have ashdown MAG 115 and 210 cabs, and the 115 sounds horrible on it's own. The MAG 210 can easily stand up for itself at a gig. This is of course if you buy ashdown cabs.

I think that a lot depends what genre of music you play, a 2x10 certainly will not be suffice in either of my two bands at stage level.
But if you prefer the tone of the 10s just add more 10s.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I'll agree with Mr. Swift on this one. My Carvin 2x10 doesn't have a whole lot of bottom, and lets face it, the bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least. But when I stick it on top of my Ampeg 15, then the sound really comes to life.
I'd go for the Warwick, personally. I know, this is coming from someone BUYING a GK, but antything under goldline sucks.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
antything under goldline sucks.

You do know Goldline is Backline with a shiny cover, right?
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!