Page 1 of 2
yes, i know i need to finish the first 2... they are getting close... actually, what you don't know is i'm also doing a lefty bass... but that's another story

the reason for this post is that i have this great Ash that I want to make a body out of...

help me pick!

specs:
2 piece ash body 1 3/4" thick

curly hard maple laminate neck with 1/16" thick wenge stripes - possibly african mahogany center stripe

the question is....

Number of frets
22 or 24

Style:
Strat, or super strat (RG style)???

Finish:
candy apple red, trans burst, natural?

Fretboard:
wenge, indian rosewood or pao ferro?

if RG style,

flat top with arm carve or carved top???

here's a picture of the wood with an RG style trace out on it

This will be available for purchase... PM me and if you want it. If you catch it early you can customize it the way you want

Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Carved top RG FTW!
With a jackson headstock maybe?

and a glitter finish
Cant wait for this to get up and running, as long as it doesn't take as long as the other two
Quote by guitarcam123
Carved top RG FTW!

and a glitter finish

Cant wait for this to get up and running, as long as it doesn't take as long as the other two

OR:

A really obnoxious neon green so bright it blinds onlookers. Like they had in the 80s
I'm actually in the middle of a job transition that will reduce my travel... i'm planning on finalizing my other projects ASAP. my father put his new heater in his garage so I can start painting soon. I have to final sand and dye my DC and it'll be ready to paint, I have an LP i have to refinish for a buddy that's ready for paint, my V needs some final neck shaping, final body sanding and fretwork and it'll be ready, the lefty bass is a project i'm helping someone else with so that's only a sporadic project... nothing serious.

BTW, I have enough of this ash for another strat style body and a neck thru king V... if I don't do the style you want with this piece, I'll be sure to do it on the next go-around

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
rainbow swirl

If you want to do it a maple top with a trans blue dye and then like a blue burst. I'll do a mock up in kisekae?

And 22 frets superstrat style with the pickup switches
For the fretboard, why don't you do what fender does and just get the neck blank and drill route for the truss rod in the back and the fretboard is the neck, that will especially look awesome with the said paint job
i'm actually set on one of the 3 finishes I posted... candy red metallic, trans sunburst or natural...

i'm thinking of i do SSH i'll just coil tap the bridge pickup and hook a 5 way to it

if i do HH or HSH i can get creative

I don't really like fender style necks TBH. I prefer a scarfed headstock and a laminated fretboard... even if i did a maple board, i'd probably laminate it... just personal preference. If Mr. Customer wanted it, I'd do it... but as of right now, this is just a fun build... if it's commissioned I'll do whatever he/she wants

i'm beginning to think RG style, natural, possibly some filler stripes in the center of the 2 ash pieces (the body isn't glued yet I just planed/jointed tonight). Black hardware, black headstock...

Last edited by nuthinbuttrubl8 at Dec 3, 2008,
Cool. Natural RG style
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
actually, i have a secret project in the works that's going to be candy red/black burst... that's all i can say at the moment though...

i'm on that kisekae site looking at a jackson soloist, natural ash, cream bound fb and hs, zebra pickups and black hardware... i really do love those zebra buckers...

Maybe?

Mmmmmmmm Sexilicious!
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
trans burst with jackson headstock, carved RG style body w/ AANJ, 24 frets on a wenge board...

mmmm....
------

Shwiggity.
maybe a skull that spans 11/12/13 fret with two red eyes at the 12th fret for the "dots"

yay? nay?

still putting together ideas but most people want to see an RG and yes it will have an AANJ ... maybe the strat will be after this one

Yeah carved top RG with AANJ is always good.

A skull inlay might be kinda cool too.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by guitarcam123
Carved top RG FTW!

and a glitter finish

This, with an HSH pickup combination with a five way switch, killswitch, a seven tone switch, an official floyd rose, and one volume and one tone knob.

Just to let you know, that's EXACTLY what I'm modding right now
a five way switch, killswitch, a seven tone switch, an official floyd rose, and one volume and one tone knob

how's that possible?!
5-way and a 7 tone switch? >.<
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
how's that possible?!
5-way and a 7 tone switch? >.<

It's simple... It's the same mod that Gilmour's black strat has. I can't remember the wiring diagram, but it works because I've done it to my strat.
nobody wants to commission my build yet, eh?

>.>

<.<

keep the ideas coming

Quote by wizards?
It's simple... It's the same mod that Gilmour's black strat has. I can't remember the wiring diagram, but it works because I've done it to my strat.

A seven tone switch chooses between different capacitors to use with the tone pot, altering the frequencies that the tone pot affects
RG carver with pao ferro in trans burst. 24 fret.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I would comission but I need my new bike Only 1 grand of buying it though!
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
start saving, dude. your desire for an RG is partially to blame for this build

Dont; worry. Oh so close too getting there (for my bike before i start saving for this)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by wizards?
This, with an HSH pickup combination with a five way switch, killswitch, a seven tone switch, an official floyd rose, and one volume and one tone knob.

Just to let you know, that's EXACTLY what I'm modding right now

You mean original floyd rose
Whats AANJ? or whatever it is?
Can't wait for this
All Access Neck Joint, its a curved off heal thats more comfortable than a strat joint.

Picture...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ibanez.otaku/guitars/jem7vwh/7vwh_AANJ_woodgrain.jpg

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
No like the ones on every Ibanez RG made for like the past how ever many years...

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
The wenge is going to end up about 1/16" (1.5mm) thick and just act as fillers. The center will be african mahogany, the outside is curly hard maple.

Who wants it? It's for sale

kfuc kfuc kfuc.... I want it. But i have no money for it yet.
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
yea i replied... check your inbox

hm... wtf...

email address?

stain it dark blue
clear coat
then do a black burst around the edges on the front, and make the whole back black. blackwash the wood first as well, it will look sick. carved top, and an ebony/dark colored rosewood fretboard. black headstock with dark blue logo.
Page 1 of 2