A day ago i had two perfectly usable pedals. They worked perfectly and did everything they were supposed to do. Today they are totally ****ed. New batteries, all cables are fine but the LEDs don't light up and the pedals just don't work. I've owned a total of 7 pedals over a few years and 5 of those have broken. The two that never broke were never used with my crappy practice amp.

Could my amp or possibly even my guitar (passive pickups) be causing this? The amp is pretty poorly built so it wouldnt suprise me if there was somehow 240v running through the effects loop or some other retarded thing that only chinese slave labourers could screw up.

Help Me...
You're taking the cables out of the pedals after you're done with them right
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Is there any possible way you could have accidentally plugged the pedals into one of the speaker outputs instead of the effects loop? I ask because I have seen amps where they are very close together it wouldn't be much of stretch to do if you were in a hurry.
You didnt say what kind of pedals. Cheap lower quality pedals dont last long. And never heard of an amp screwing up pedals if they are between the guitar and amp theres not really a way it could happen. A pedal plugged into a speaker out would definatly fry it.
Quote by Ezuma
A day ago i had two perfectly usable pedals. They worked perfectly and did everything they were supposed to do. Today they are totally ****ed. New batteries, all cables are fine but the LEDs don't light up and the pedals just don't work. I've owned a total of 7 pedals over a few years and 5 of those have broken. The two that never broke were never used with my crappy practice amp.

Could my amp or possibly even my guitar (passive pickups) be causing this? The amp is pretty poorly built so it wouldnt suprise me if there was somehow 240v running through the effects loop or some other retarded thing that only chinese slave labourers could screw up.

Help Me...

In a word, no.

Have you tried changing the batteries?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com