I'm not sure if it's the right thread for this, but I'm looking for help. I seem to have an uncanny ability to write lyrics and have a beat in my head for the way I want them to go. However, when I go to lay them out with the guitar, nothing seems to fit with what I have in my head. I have no idea why I can put out lyrics to an entire song, know what I want it to sound like, but not be able to put it into music. Is it that I'm just destined to be a singer instead of guitarist? (I wouldn't mind that, but I do love playing guitar) Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you get over it?
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
practice.

Just keep writing songs.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I had that problem to, but it's just hard work that you can just play the exact song in your head on a guitar, take time to work out as if you are tabbing something from a CD, play it over and over again

Hope this helps