I am in a thrash/speed metal band and my guitar player was playing with just this band for a while, until he started getting offers to play in other bands. Now he still plays with me, but he practices with the other band with more than with me. He's also playing shows where that hasn't come for us yet, because we don't have enough songs. I need some advice on if it sounds like he'll leave my band.
You said yourself you don't have enough songs. Practice, write some material and get gigging. Keep the band interested.
I'd probably leave your band too if you were playing trash/speed metal.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

Assuming that I'd been tricked/drugged/bribed into joining in the first place, I would have to follow suit with this.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Write more songs, line up some small gigs. Having gigs lined up is the best way to get motivated.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by Silas S Thompso
I am in a thrash/speed metal band and my guitar player was playing with just this band for a while, until he started getting offers to play in other bands. Now he still plays with me, but he practices with the other band with more than with me. He's also playing shows where that hasn't come for us yet, because we don't have enough songs. I need some advice on if it sounds like he'll leave my band.

Oh heavens, you DO have a problem.

Not to mention the fact that you lost an N from the end of your name.
<Han> I love Hitler
Honestly... Thrash metal is not the way to go... It may be music you lvoe but it'll be so much harder because it hasn't got a very big fanbase next to other things.. Your friends band is probably getting gigs because their music doesn't make old people throw holy water at them.
What's wrong with Thrash/Speed metal, it's all good.
And maybe you're just paranoid, but how many songs have you got, if you've got enough for like 45 minutes of your own songs, then you do a couple of covers, you might be able to manage to pull off a few small gigs.

Edit:
Quote by Untitled001
Honestly... Thrash metal is not the way to go... It may be music you lvoe but it'll be so much harder because it hasn't got a very big fanbase next to other things.. Your friends band is probably getting gigs because their music doesn't make old people throw holy water at them.

*cough* sellout *cough*, he shouldn't have to adjust his music for others to like, if he's having fun playing thrash, then good for him =)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
You're going to have to write the best most challenging ass kicking song that can possibly exist in order to hold his interest.

That or profess your love to him.
Quote by Kensai

hellyeah!
Quote by Kensai

yes me too !

But, if i were you and his musicianship was greater than the rest of the bands, ..let him fly away ! set him free !