well....ive been playing for an year and ive been reading those columns that the users post about learning music theory (and it helped)......

But I was wondering...is there any online book that i can download that teaches music theory?
ok...i was gonna send you something that helped me a while ago...
but i cant find it so sorry bud...just keep looking youll find stuff...
but be careful because you dont want to learn from something on
the internet thats complete crap
London College of Musics 'Popular Music Theory' Books....or if you want something more classical i suggest Trinity College of Music's books...
Dude, if you change your mind about downloading get Complete Idiots Guide to Music Theory
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
i know that site....its very useful...i know....

i want a downloadable book cuz i cant find theory books where i live
Quote by soccer6
i know that site....its very useful...i know....

i want a downloadable book cuz i cant find theory books where i live

But theory is universal. The book will say the same as everything here.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
i just need help on what are 'add' chords and 'sus' chord

EDIT: ive read theory columns in this site and i now know maj min maj7 dim7 and so on .....just cant understand or fin where they explain what are add and sus chords......Ex: Dadd9, Asus4....
Last edited by soccer6 at Dec 3, 2008,
An add chord is for instance say you have a C major 9th chord and you remove the 7th it then becomes a C add 9 chord. Because it is a C triad plus the 9th or 'add' the 9th. A sus chord (suspended chord) is a chord where the 3rd is either raised to the 4th(sus4) or lowered to the 2nd (sus2). This is just a basic explanation and you can get more into it with extended chords etc. I suggest google...plenty of information there.
Andy
Quote by Andy_Mclaughlan
An add chord is for instance say you have a C major 9th chord and you remove the 7th it then becomes a C add 9 chord. Because it is a C triad plus the 9th or 'add' the 9th. A sus chord (suspended chord) is a chord where the 3rd is either raised to the 4th(sus4) or lowered to the 2nd (sus2). This is just a basic explanation and you can get more into it with extended chords etc. I suggest google...plenty of information there.
Andy

what about chords like Dadd4?
Quote by guitarlord28
I thought your avatar was slowpoke
D triad plus the 4th. An add chord is a triad plus any note except the 7th.Its in the name D add4.Try google. There is lots of information on there about many types of chords.
Andy
thanks for your help guys.....now i know more about the basics of chord theory
Quote by guitarlord28
thanks!....
Quote by guitarlord28
Esusb9.....would anybody please explain me what is susb9?
Quote by guitarlord28
a susb9 chord has the formula 1 4 5 b7 b9. It is essentially the chord which represents the Phrygian mode. I suggest learning major scale harmony in order for all these chords to make sense to you.
Andy