Does anyone know how many pickups can be installed safely on a P bass?(not necessarily a fender, just the same body type)
Just to help clarify things a bit here, what are you ideally wanting to do? Add a jazz or humbucker to the bass? Create a Bootzilla frankenbass?

Just wondering--it would help us give you a better answer, thanks!
The most I've ever seen in a P Bass body was three: 2 single coils and a split coil in between.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Stu-Hamm-UrgeII-Bass?sku=515813

The body looks a bit bigger than a standard P Bass body though, so I'm not sure
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
As many as you can fit? I'm not sure. My thoughts go with 3. Then each can be a split, single, humbucker, soapbar....
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
It depends on what pickups you want / what the purpose of it is.
I'm sure you could put a lot more lipstick pickups in the same area as you could put MM style humbuckers.

Edit:
You could always use this kind of pickups if you just want as many as possible
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Last edited by sam_ofzo at Dec 3, 2008,
The bass above is awesome on so many levels its ridiculous. on topic, you can fit a massive amount of pickups on a bass if you count Piezos, just look at Micheal Manrings bass one MM pickup plus like 20 piezos at various locations.
Do all the pickups have to be under the strings? I bet you can get about 24 pickups on the back of the bass and a bunch on the side of the front going parallel to the strings.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by sam_ofzo
It depends on what pickups you want / what the purpose of it is.
I'm sure you could put a lot more lipstick pickups in the same area as you could put MM style humbuckers.

Edit:
You could always use this kind of pickups if you just want as many as possible

holy ****.

My mind is actually blown.
I like the bridge.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
Looks like theres a calculator or something on that bass...
Redonkulous!!
One button for every pickup methinks! Better than a 16! (factorial) position switch!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Dec 3, 2008,
somewhere i've seen someone with like 4 or 5 split coils packed together
if i find it i'll edit my post, otherwise you'll have to take my word that it exists
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
More on Manrings bass, apparently he also has 5 piezos IN the neck of the bass, so he can do percussive stuff like alot of acoustic guitarists do.