Page 1 of 4
After seeing the best thing to happen to you at a gig thread knocking about yesterday, I thought I'd make this.

I also have inspiration in the form of losing my wallet at Pendulum in Leeds last night.
I usually wear the same shorts that have button pockets to gigs, and keep my wallet fastened up in them.
However, last night was freeeeezing, so I wore jeans. Was planning on getting a taxi so it wouldn't have been so bad, but the taxi was 20 minutes late already so we decided to walk it. Even though it was snowing and I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt (I wouldn't take a jacket to a gig with me it'd piss me off).

And the rest speaks for itself; was in the pits for most of the gig, which was awesome. Pendulum started off Slam with the intro to Master Of Puppets!

But yeha, being knocked about quite a bit and my wallet fell out of my pocket and was stolen, because I rang the venue today and it hadn't been handed in ( I woudn't have even bothered trying this, but my phone was handed in at Arctic Monkeys when I dropped that.

It had in it:
Student card (worth £10)
£25 in cash
My cash card
My drivers license (worth £45)

Absolutely gutted.

Your stories?
Had a couple of ribs cracked when I went to see Pitchshifter one time.

That was pretty sucky.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Worst thing to happen to me at a gig was Anti-Product taking to the stage.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by metacarpi
Had a couple of ribs cracked when I went to see Pitchshifter one time.

That was pretty sucky.

You win.
Nothing bad has ever happened at a gig. It's like they exist outside reality or something.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
I got punched in the face in the second pit i ever got into, as soon as i got into it, then proceeded to lose my shoe for a few minutes (got it back though).
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
I was at the very back, with 80,000 people in front of us, it sucked.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by adyhendrixc
You win.

Depends on your point of view!

Quote by GLP_Arclite

lost my shoes in a moshpit

Broken nose in that very same moshpit
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I played at a gig saturday night and my jeans ripped from the crotch down during the second song

I guess that's one of the worst things to happen to me at a gig haha
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
It was really cold and we were playing outside.

My fingers were freezing and I could barely play solos...
Quote by metacarpi
Depends on your point of view!

AH, good point.
At being badass?
But breaking ribs is not the definition of "to win"
Quote by adyhendrixc
AH, good point.
At being badass?
But breaking ribs is not the definition of "to win"

But seeing Pitchshifter play in their hometown is definitely the definition of "win".

The only problem is how it happened. I went down in the pit, and a fatty landed on top of me.

Not quite so impressive now.

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Vendetta16
I got punched in the face in the second pit i ever got into, as soon as i got into it, then proceeded to lose my shoe for a few minutes (got it back though).

Always make sure your shoes are really tight before you go into the pit lol
I got into an argument with some scene kid about religion before a Between the Buried and Me show in Charlotte. Thing was, I was rolling balls and the guy pissed me off so it got a little heated outside the venue and the police had to come and stop us. I missed the first 45 minutes of the show because I had such a hard time acting sober in front of the cops...
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by metacarpi
But seeing Pitchshifter play in their hometown is definitely the definition of "win".

The only problem is how it happened. I went down in the pit, and a fatty landed on top of me.

Not quite so impressive now.

Bloody fattys

That is possibly the best word ever though, "fatty"

Especially when Jimmy Carr says it
Got kicked in the head by a crowd surfer, would have been fine if it was just a pair of vans or whatever, but no...it's one of these people who wear these massive, thick leather, black boots. Needless to say I passed out.
Lost my phone,
Fly leaf were supporting (twice),
Being on the balcony at the Apollo in Manchester - no dancing allowed!

All very sucky things. Unfortunatly I wasn't on the balcony for fly leaf - I'd have enjoyed getting some shut eye (like I did when I slept through yellow card).
I was wearing these Cargo pants once and they fit well and usually I dont wear a belt with them. they have a button on the front and elastic on teh sides so they fit ok.
Went to see Slayer and others and the unholy tour and Lamb of God came one.
Place went mad, the button came undone, I got punched in the head and then my bargo pants fell down.
I walked out of that pit like a rape victim desperately holding on to my pants.
was a good gig.
Quote by adyhendrixc
Bloody fattys

That is possibly the best word ever though, "fatty"

Especially when Jimmy Carr says it

I do love a bit of Jimmy.

"No, I think you're fattest."
Quote by GLP_Arclite

accidentally overloaded my pedal board so that it would just randomly shut off and turn all my pedals off. And then my amp was on the ground next to my truck while i was loading my cab, my mom walked into my amp, and broke off the noise gate nob for my JSX. I was supremely pissed....
Quote by unininium
Lost my phone,

All very sucky things. Unfortunatly I wasn't on the balcony for fly leaf - I'd have enjoyed getting some shut eye (like I did when I slept through yellow card).

They don't allow dancing on the balcony? That's bollocks!
At Leeds Academy last night I could see loads of people dancing up on the balcony.

Some gigs I just wouldn't go to unless they were standing to be honest. Especially at the Apollo its awesome there.
Quote by unininium
Lost my phone,

I saw NIN here a few years ago and was on the balcony, people were sure dancing then.

And when I've seen Tool and Deftones there, despite me being down on the floor, I did notice poeple dancing up there.

What gig was it?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I got into a fight in a circle pit and knocked a guy out because he kept pushing this little kid in front of me down, like just slamming him for no reason. The guy was probably 10 years older than the kid so I just knocked the **** out of him...........that actually wasnt bad it felt nice.
I thought I liked the Hives before I saw them live. After every song the guy gives you a lecture about how hes the best rock n roll frontman in existence and wont play again until he thinks the crowd is screaming loud enough. Especially annoying as I was waiting for RAtM to come on next

Edit: I guess its not so bad compared to some of the other posts ^^ And ive never been kicked in the head too hard
Quote by metacarpi
I do love a bit of Jimmy.

"No, I think you're fattest."

"What's the difference between jam and marmalade?

You can't marmalade you're **** up a bird's arse"
Quote by Titansfan920
I got into a fight in a circle pit and knocked a guy out because he kept pushing this little kid in front of me down, like just slamming him for no reason. The guy was probably 10 years older than the kid so I just knocked the **** out of him...........that actually wasnt bad it felt nice.

Well done
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Well done

Hey, f*ck you.

hXc dancers may be the biggest assholes on the planet. I applaud Titansfan920.

Anyway, when I saw Rush, there was some drunk idiot, that kept calling someone way across the venue. "Can you see me now?", waving his 4th beer around. Was pretty hilarious now that I think about it.

He and someone else then proceeded to pass a joint back and forth around the middle of the concert, and act like idiots. I have no problem with pot, though. Hell, I may have even gotten high off the secondhand smoke. Still, these guys were pretty annoying. Spilling beer on me...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Avenged Sevefold came on.

It was ok though, because they finished early and then Maiden came on.
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
You know those armbands with spikes on them?
I got hit in the face with one of them during a festival here in Estonia, when Pedigree was playing (You probably dont know the band, Estonian industrial metal or whatever).
WOW Did my face hurt after that, I looked like I had gotten stinged in the face from 3 million bees.
Spiraling up through the crack in the sky
Leaving material world behind
I see your face in constellations
The martyr is ending his life for mine.
I got puked on once, it sucked.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
I got kicked in the face by a crowd surfer and lost my glasses. I'm severely short sighted and literally cannot read regular sized print until its a few inches away from my face without them. Because my prescription is so high it costs me about £200 for new glasses, so basically I got kicked in the face, was blind for almost 2 weeks and was out £200.
I seriously almost passed out at a BB King concert while we were waiting for it to start. It was really hot and all those people standing practically against you...I had to sit down for a few mins to get a hold of myself.
not me but... at my concert, while my band was playing 2 people got knocked out in the mosh and started bleeding from the ears. 2 separate accounts. i guess my band is just too brutal for some.
i hope they survived!

EDIT: for me it'd probly be when the singer for abagail williams launched off the stage and landed on my face. the kid behind me had it worse though, he got the shoe to the nose.
Last edited by exylum at Dec 5, 2008,
Quote by alkalineweeman
Worst thing to happen to me at a gig was Anti-Product taking to the stage.

Haha anti-product are class, never heard of anyone who knows who they are thoug
Bass Player
The worst thing? Not getting one in the first place

unless you count my school band when the tubist fell backwards off the riser

EDIT: I thought you meant while performing. For going to gigs, it would probably be getting stuck behind two tall guys sharing a joint. It was last year when I was 13,so my parents were there.

And all you guys talking about mosh pit injuries, suck it up. If it's that bad, don't go in mosh pits.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Last edited by Salute to Jaco at Dec 5, 2008,
Page 1 of 4