couldnt find the tuning thread i saw before, prob shoulda bookmarked it.

Anyways, to tune just a half step down using a tuner, would u just push the flat button once and then tune the strings to what you would normally tune them to? (meaning 6E, 5A, 4D, 3G, 2B, and 1E but with the flat button pressed once)
If you want to use a tuner you can press the 1st fret of each string and tune them on the regular tuning, so that they are 1/2 step down.
Quote by eueueu
If you want to use a tuner you can press the 1st fret of each string and tune them on the regular tuning, so that they are 1/2 step down.

Wouldn't that be 1/2 step up?

1st fret 6th string would be an F. Right?
Yes first fret 6th string is an F

Now the way I do it is my turn my tuner on and I just tune it till its down to 430 Hz I don't press the flat button I never did I dunno why
The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams it's Heaven and Hell
Quote by c21vin
Wouldn't that be 1/2 step up?

nope, it WOULD be a half step DOWN. if you fret the 1st fret, tune it to standard 440 E(for example) and released the fret it would be half step down.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I guess I'm just spoiled with my $20 Korg Tuner. I just tune to Eb and I'm good.
if you can set ur tuner to flat then thats the ticket, but you CAN tune by pressing down on the first fret of each string and then tuning DOWN to standard (as previously stated).

"I have better things to do...
Like play with my balls."

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

just chuck a capo on the first fret and tune it normally through the capo, then take it off and you've got a half step down
Generally, it's not a good idea to tune a guitar any more than it would take to fine tune it with a capo installed. The capo alters the tension on all of the strings simultaneously and by changing the tuning this much, you can wind up with premature string failure since the string is pretty much being clamped down by the capo and can't respond like it needs to. Much easier and safer on the strings to do it with the electronic tuner and make it flat by one semitone, as already mentioned above. That way all of the strings remain at their intended tension and are all lowered equally.