Well I have not played in about 2 week and a few days because my axe was in the shop getting stuff done to it. I just got it back last night and I am rusty. I normally play 2 to 3 hours a day but I think the break killed my mojo. What can I do to get back?
Yes, nothing you can do but play.
I'd recommend playing everything a little slower than you could two weeks ago though to help let your muscles remember their movements better.
i habe this problem often because of work but what i do is just warm up alot longer and then i just play along to something but il admit my playing isnt where it was a month ago due to lack of practice and it sucks that im not able to pull off the stuff i played back 2 months ago
Honestly...you should get it all back within the night.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Well I have not played in about 2 week and a few days because my axe was in the shop getting stuff done to it. I just got it back last night and I am rusty. I normally play 2 to 3 hours a day but I think the break killed my mojo. What can I do to get back?

Dude are you serious? You joined this site a year ago I think by now you should know what to do in a situation like this. But just in case you are seriously at a loss of what to do let's review:

If you can't play something how you want to, PRACTICE.
If you are a bit rusty after not playing for a bit, PRACTICE.
It's just that simple. Sorry to be a dick about it but then again if you're competent in the least you would know what to do and would not need to post a new thread.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I've been there before man. Sometimes when I get swamped with class work or my job I can't play for a week or so and I lose a bit of progress.

It is frustrating but working through it will only prove how much you love what you do.

I know this may sound cheesy but it helps me out sometimes:

I'm sure you probably have a song that you've played so much that it's almost second nature. For me its Lithium by Nirvana

Whenever I feel discouraged I just play that song and remember how I felt the first time I nailed it perfectly.

I guess all I'm saying is that it comes down to rediscovering the reason you played for 2 to 3 hours a day to begin with.

Hope this helps
Rock On
Quote by Pizza The Hut

PLAY, its called muscle memory bro
Quote by Junior#1
Dude are you serious? You joined this site a year ago I think by now you should know what to do in a situation like this. But just in case you are seriously at a loss of what to do let's review:

If you can't play something how you want to, PRACTICE.
If you are a bit rusty after not playing for a bit, PRACTICE.
It's just that simple. Sorry to be a dick about it but then again if you're competent in the least you would know what to do and would not need to post a new thread.

This is the first time I've serously not played though. Like I would play everyday literally. I'm still rusty and kinda sucky now even after playing after the break.
I'm in kind of the same boat. I had been practicing very heavily, 2 hrs plus on week nights, 5 hrs/day on weekend days. Then 5 days with no guitar because we were out of town for Thanksgiving, and the last 3 days since then I've only been able to play 30 mins-1hr a night because work has been hectic.

It's a mixed bag - I feel kind of rusty, but before due to the heavy practice there was a bit of an underlying tiredness which seems to be gone now.

You should be fine after a couple of good days of practice, and if anything maybe a bit better off for the break after a bit of time getting back into it.
I know how you feel OP. Happens to me all the time. As others have expressed, it really happens to all of us. But don't be scared. You will get back into the swing of things quicker than you think.
To be honest I have't played since maybe mid November. I use the times when i'm not playing (mostly due to work and the cold weather making me tired), to look at theory. Theory makes me pick the guitar back up again after a long stint of not playing, it shouldn't worry you. Does anyone else not get rusty after not playing for a while? I don't seem to be visibly rusty when i pick it back up?
to have not played in 2 weeks and a few days and to be rusty could mean a few things:

1. its in your head.

2. whatever you were playing before you didn't learn properly

3. you actually are genuinely rusty.

in any of those cases you have to just practice.

furthermore, why are you writing a thread about it? you have to practice no matter what and wasting your time writing a thread about it just means that you're thinking about it more than actually doing anything about it. i know it sucks to feel like your rusty but the fact is, just like with anything, you just have to practice properly.

and plus, no matter what answer anyone gives you one here, you'll still be rusty until you practice.

so go practice. dammit.
A similar thing happened to me a recently after I spent 2 weeks in hospital. Just practice, practice and practice. You'll be playing at your best ability again in a few days. Trust me.
Suck it up and play. At the very most it should take like a day and a half of practice to get back up.
It's all in you head.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ