I want to teach guitar as a saturday job, obviously not for loadsa money but a bit. The thing I was wondering about is how do I write an ad which makes people want to have me as a teacher? If you saw '16 yr old guitar teacher' on an ad you wouldn't exactly spring to the idea

I wanted to take grade 8 first so I had some sort of proof I was a decent teacher (got my certificate today, merit ), but other than that I can't imagine what to put on it so that people don't just turn away instantly.

These are the basic things that I want to/need to put on the ad

- 16 yr old guitarist
-self-taught
-grade 8
-teaching for beginner/intermediate
-cheap lessons (again, what sort of price should I be doing. I'm english btw, so if you're american just give what price in dollars you would expect and I'll do all the conversion later)
-saturday mornings, tuesday or thursday afternoons

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I wanna start doing this as soon as I can, I'm running out of money
i would join the musicians union before doing anything else, i believe they try to get all their members who are teaching about £23 per hour.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

i would never take lessons from a boy who is 16-20years old
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Most music lessons in my area are about £15/half hour, so if you do a £10 for an hour, you'll be quite popular!

Why specidy that you're 16 though?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Don't put self taught up there, it sounds unprofessional, regardless of how good you are.

It's about putting a positive spin on things. You're not inexperienced, you're 'youthful and energetic'.

Emphasise the cheap teaching for beginners, as that is where you will attract business.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Somehow make the point that you can make more of a connection to younger people than some old guy since you are young. Advertise more toward the younger kids. I'm nearly 20 and I would not want lessons from a 16-year-old.

I would expect maybe 10-15 USD per lesson?
The reason I'm putting the 16 yrs old in is otherwise people might turn up at the door, see me and **** off lol

Yeah I was only aiming to teach like 5 yr olds who can barely play so no-one complains about the age
so if i did £7 for half hour and £12 for an hour, does that seem reasonable enough, or too high?