Okay so I got this piece of crap Jackson Stealth EX at Pawn America about a week ago for my senior project, and what I'm going to be doing is I'm going to be making this thing into a guitar that anyone would love to have. I'm going to be putting an official floyd rose into it, and I'm about to order it, but I don't know what my nut width is... Can anyone help me on this? And I've googled this for about a day and a half and it's been of no use to me. Thanks for the help,

-Wiz?
Quote by wizards?
Okay so I got this piece of crap Jackson Stealth EX at Pawn America about a week ago for my senior project, and what I'm going to be doing is I'm going to be making this thing into a guitar that anyone would love to have. I'm going to be putting an official floyd rose into it, and I'm about to order it, but I don't know what my nut width is... Can anyone help me on this? And I've googled this for about a day and a half and it's been of no use to me. Thanks for the help,

-Wiz?

Do you have a ruler or tape measure?

It is your nut, after all.

You can do better than an FR, especially if you want something new and exciting to put all your mates a nice shade of Green...

The Guitar is a Super Strat style is it not?
Last edited by Skeet UK at Dec 3, 2008,
What bridge is on there atm?

Floyds have a wide spacing so you wanner make sure that installing one isnt going to cause the strings to come off the edge of the fretboard.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
The one I have right now is a Jackson liscensed floyd... It's not very nice seeing as it's from the early 90's and the previous owner took absolutely no care of it. Yes it's super strat style, but an official is all I've really got the money for so it'll have to do.
Quote by wizards?
The one I have right now is a Jackson liscensed floyd... It's not very nice seeing as it's from the early 90's and the previous owner took absolutely no care of it. Yes it's super strat style, but an official is all I've really got the money for so it'll have to do.

They are about $200 are they not?

You can do better for cheaper, but...you would have to fill the current route on the body, so may not be for you.
Quote by Skeet UK
They are about $200 are they not?

You can do better for cheaper, but...you would have to fill the current route on the body, so may not be for you.

What are you suggesting then?
Quote by wizards?
What are you suggesting then?

www.tremking.com

Have a read. Best Vibrato there is mate.

But as I say, you will have to fill your current rout. Are you re-finishing the guitar?
Quote by Skeet UK

www.tremking.com

Have a read. Best Vibrato there is mate.

But as I say, you will have to fill your current rout. Are you re-finishing the guitar?

I'm going to re-finish it, paint, probably try some paint dripping to get that cool splatter effect, but my question is can I do the same things with the tremking as I can with a standard floyd? I mean I'm getting a floyd so I can abuse the hell out of it with a ton of dive bombs and climbs...
Quote by wizards?
I'm going to re-finish it, paint, probably try some paint dripping to get that cool splatter effect, but my question is can I do the same things with the tremking as I can with a standard floyd? I mean I'm getting a floyd so I can abuse the hell out of it with a ton of dive bombs and climbs...

Well...I mean, what difference is there between a Floyd and any other Trem?

I assume, with a floating trem like strats have, it is more difficult to raise the pitch, because that requires the trem to go into the body.

One would assume, that they would make something, to be as capable as is required.

Did you not look at the videos and heaps of info on the website?
Quote by Skeet UK
Well...I mean, what difference is there between a Floyd and any other Trem?

I assume, with a floating trem like strats have, it is more difficult to raise the pitch, because that requires the trem to go into the body.

One would assume, that they would make something, to be as capable as is required.

Did you not look at the videos and heaps of info on the website?

I'm at school, I couldn't. Even though this is for a project, they still frown upon it. Sorry, I'm going to watch them later.