Hello... I've got too many guitars laying around and not enough space in the apartment, so unfortunately, I need to sell one of them.

1987 Ibanez Saber Pro 540 S - pictures below, follow the link

It is one of the first Sabers ever with its mini switches and "black cherry" finish. Ibanez changed the switch to a regular 5-way in 1988 and the output jack was also modified. At that time the Saber had the thinnest neck on the market with 17 mm at the 1st fret. Although the body is very sleek and light it produces a powerful tone and the pickup combinations are very versatile. A push-push control allows you to split the humbucker for very funky stuff.

It is very easy to play and you can carry it for hours onstage without getting tired... All original pickups, and it plays like a champ. Very versatile guitar.

Specs:

* Mahogany body
* Maple neck with rosewood fretboard, 22 frets
* Chrome hardware
* Edge trem
* Ibanez F1 humbucker, IBZ USA C2 single
* Mini switches for pickup on/off

This is one of the first Sabers made (which later morphed into the S-Series) and a nice collector piece, really tough to find in it's original condition. Not to mention the guitar plays great (it really does!) - the neck on this guitar is one of the smoothest things I have ever played, much better than my Fender. Just had the strings changed, intonation set, all that jazz, so it's ready to play...in standard tuning There is a small chip at the base of the body, but that's the only thing cosmetically wrong with it.

Looking for $425 Or Best Offer. Includes strap/strap locks, tremolo arm and hard case. No offer is a bad one, and if we work out a good price, I'll ship it for free. If you're a local guy and are interested, let me know, and we'll work out a time for you to try it out if needs be. I certainly don't expect someone to pay good money for a guitar they've never played before...

Feel free to PM me with questions. The thing just rips and looking to give him a new home, thanks. Shipping from Minneapolis, MN.

Guitar + Case

Guitar body close up

Guitar again
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

American Fender Mahogany HSS Strat
1987 Ibanez Saber Pro 540 s - FOR SALE
Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby
the links to the pics are broken "image has been moved or deleted"
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Thanks EMAD for fixing my links.
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby
Price Reduced

$375
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby
I', getting one of these ffrom a local store for 300 bucks so you might want to send the price down if want people to buy it because even at 375 it's a bit high, especialy with a chip in it.....
I might be interested in this if it's still available, it would be replacing my original aqua blue saber which was stolen years ago and I miss it in a big way.
Can u put up a pic of the back of the neck. Maybe a closeup of behind the nut/string retainer. Thanks.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

sold, please close
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron