I was thinking of buying this metal beast, but I've found there are two versions of this head amp. Could someone explain to me exactly which the difference is?
Here, in Spain, the 6505+ is like 300 euros (400 dollars) more expensive than the 6505 version. Is it worth to pay that money for the difference?
Thanks in advance.
the 6505+ has an extra preamp(?) valve in it, which boosts it to 120 watts rather than 100, as well as providing a better clean tone

thats it i think
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
the 6505+ has an extra preamp(?) valve in it, which boosts it to 120 watts rather than 100, as well as providing a better clean tone

thats it i think

More power tubes = more wattage..not preamp tubes.

the extra preamp tube im pretty sure is just used in the clean channel...(might be wrong on this one)

but from what I have heard, the 6505+ has better cleans, slightly less gain (doesnt matter, has way more gain than you will ever need still), and an alleged less "brutal" tone.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by Dopey_Trout

thats it i think

so much fail

Both amps are 120watts
6505+ has a seperate eq for each channel and a extra preamp tube to help out the cleans

Both amps should sound the same, but alot of people say the 6505 has more gain and is a bet more raw. I honestly like the 6505 better.