Hey guys,
Over the last few years, I have been collecting guitar pedals and now am looking to build and set up a proper pedalboard. I am aware of all the basic rules such as the pedals should be set up from gain based to modulation and time based effects, with pedals like tuners set in between the gains and mods. I however am worried about how much the chain will suck tone from my amp, as it is a chain about 9-11 pedals in length (including tuner and 2 EQ pedals). Does anyone have any input/have build a good sounding board before and can lend some tips? I have also been looking into the voodoo lab switcher to separate what effects are being used in the chain and prevent as much "tone suck" as possible.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as this is my first try.
Thanks
do you have an effects loop? if so run your mod/time effects there, and your distortion/gain effects in front of the amp.

use quality cables, thats key!

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I don't think it will have any huge sound difference, I've played with 8 chained pedals at a friends house and everything sounded fine. He told me as long as there is a pedal with a buffer (like the Boss ones) in these chains, it should be OK. I haven't got that much experience myself, but I think it will be fine, especially if you separate the effects.
████████
████████
████████
Quote by Tyler Durden
do you have an effects loop? if so run your mod/time effects there, and your distortion/gain effects in front of the amp.

use quality cables, thats key!

+1

Quality cables make all the difference in the world.
planet waves cables you mean? The plugs are kinda too fat, I've used Geroge L for my pedalboard, they work very good. My guitar teacher recommends mogami, but you can only buy it in rolls of 100m (around 200 dollars for such a roll), but they're supposed to be better than most high end cables.
████████
████████
████████
switching systems are badass, but some people prefer just having all the pedals right in front of them. look into one and decide if you want to go "old school" or switching system.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.