my guitar stopped working today, when i plug into an amp there is not sound can anyone tell me what to do, please as soon as possible i have a show to play tonight thank you sooooo muh
Music is like cand, Throw away the Rappers
1: calm down

2: make sure the volume's turned up

3: try the guitar through different amps, try it with different patch cords, try going directly into the amp instead of through any effects you might be going through, try a different guitar with the same amp if you have another, and determine what the problem is.

4: report back

1 Is it the amp or the guitar? test by touching the end of the cable that normally goes into the guitar.
2 Check the jack, see if solder joints are good and see if the contact still touchs the input when the cable is in it.
3 check for loose wires in guitar cavity
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
its the guitar i tried it with two diff amps my combo and a halfstack im not sure whats wrong with it exatly but theres no sound when i play nd plug it in and both volume and tone controls are all the way up
Music is like cand, Throw away the Rappers
Quote by asilivestanding
its the guitar i tried it with two diff amps my combo and a halfstack im not sure whats wrong with it exatly but theres no sound when i play nd plug it in and both volume and tone controls are all the way up

try different cables, try with no effects if you got any...
or try to put different guitar into your amp and then see what's wrong.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I agree with Sicksideburns33. Its a good thing to just take a peek inside and see if you have a loose wire or something simple. Be smart and take your time. Use a clean soft surface (I use an old beach towel) and something to put the screws in. Scratch paper for notes is handy for reassembly. You can get schematics for many guitar makes online.

Once you get a look inside you will quickly realize how simple the electronics of most guitars are. Check the cable jack first, the solder points on the pots and repair as needed. DO NOT SKIMP on the soldering iron or the solder as you will find yourself tinkering in the future. It's kind of addictive.

Don't panic! If you don't like the idea then get ye to a guitar tech that you trust. Good luck and have fun, its a great learning experience.

P.S. Avoid touching the quantum flux capacitor with the screw driver. It could cause a large explosion and shrink your pee pee ....
Quote by HiicpRN

P.S. Avoid touching the quantum flux capacitor with the screw driver. It could cause a large explosion and shrink your pee pee ....

AND DO NOT DRIVE OVER 88 MPH WITH IT IN YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !