Hi guys hopefully someone can help me with this im looking for a diagram or web page that will help me in chord progression and the short cuts you can take in changing chords.

Edit: to clear things up a bit im looking for a page that tells you the easiest way to change chords without moving all fingers etc.

It's Slightly_Unhinged Damn you max number of letters thingy
Anti Grammer Police
Last edited by slightly_unhing at Dec 3, 2008,
I don't know of any websites in particular that do what you're describing, but the best advice I can give is to start to take a look at the theory behind how chords are constructed (ie harmony). Once you have a decent understanding of how chords are constructed, you can figure out which chord shapes are easiest to move to and sound the best in the situation as opposed to having to jump to a memorized pattern that may not be the easiest to get to or sound the best.
Thanks for the reply i thought it may have been an easy answer but guess not i shall start looking into what you said and get to work.

Whoever said guitar playing was easy :P

It's Slightly_Unhinged Damn you max number of letters thingy
Anti Grammer Police
No problem, man. The basics of music theory is the best place to start. It's definitely not easy but it's totally worth it once you really get into it and start seeing progress.
Quote by slightly_unhing
Hi guys hopefully someone can help me with this im looking for a diagram or web page that will help me in chord progression and the short cuts you can take in changing chords.

Edit: to clear things up a bit im looking for a page that tells you the easiest way to change chords without moving all fingers etc.

There's no such thing really - it's up to you to learn all tha variations of chord shapes and decide which ones make the most sense to use. Or, more specifically, learn the rules of chord construction so you can form chords yourself rather than having to remember every single shape of every chord.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
How do you plan on changing chords without moving your hand?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
How do you plan on changing chords without moving your hand?
He said without moving ALL fingers. Not play a different chord with the same fingering...
Quote by GymboJones
He said without moving ALL fingers. Not play a different chord with the same fingering...

I know exactly what he said, and my answer still applies. The fact of the matter is, sometimes you're going to need to move all your fingers. There isn't much of a way around it.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.