So I have been spending like 3 hours working on my theory homework, our teacher gave us 4 pages of work and I need some help. Anybody have any suggestions? its just a huge list of staffs with 1 note given, I have to complete the intervals given, M6, d6, a4, And a lot of others.

I need some suggestions on shortcuts etc.

Examples:

m2. note given is e, write a note above.
d5 note given is g, write a note above.

This is going to take my hours... Thanks everyone!
...how much more of a shortcut can you possibly make with intervals? It's just 2 notes. Stop being lazy and do it.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Are you joking? its about 100 questions, I am given 1 note and I have to fill in a note above. Making it a m2 or M6 or like 18 other possibilties, it's tedious.
Tell your teacher you didn't understand his explanation of intervals, then ask him to go over it with you again, then try and do the homework. There is no point in you even being in that class if you're going to ask a forum to do your theory homework for you.
tbh i dont see where the difficulty is..

do you know how to read the staff?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by andrew6986
Are you joking? its about 100 questions, I am given 1 note and I have to fill in a note above. Making it a m2 or M6 or like 18 other possibilties, it's tedious.

Dude, it's intervals, the very fundamental of harmony. There is no shorter or more basic way. If you spent a little more time actually doing it and less time whining about it you'd be halfway done already.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by andrew6986
So I have been spending like 3 hours working on my theory homework, our teacher gave us 4 pages of work and I need some help. Anybody have any suggestions? its just a huge list of staffs with 1 note given, I have to complete the intervals given, M6, d6, a4, And a lot of others.

Examples:

Heres a good way to get this done faster : Get off your computer and start working on it.
/thread
its super easy if you know the scales on a guitar/bass. Just run through the scales in your mind to find the intervals, it isnt bad at all.
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

im not left handed i just have a mac btw.

Quote by NaivexLi
Yes...I named my penis Darth Vader.
Anyone who is not a total dick want to help me out? I simply asked for some shortcuts or suggestions, I really didn't think it was a big deal. I am working on it between posts.

Does anyone understand that I never said it was difficult?

Thanks for the real answer Johnjlones!
Quote by andrew6986
Anyone who is not a total dick want to help me out? I simply asked for some shortcuts or suggestions, I really didn't think it was a big deal. I am working on it between posts.

There is no shortcut. Asking for shortcuts on intervals is like asking if there's a shortcut to writing letters of the alphabet.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I wouldn't have seen your tip in the first place if I wasn't on here, therefore I would not be done, I would be sitting here arguing with cocky musicians...
like i said before.. do you know the staff fluently?

cuz you should be able to point it out with in a matter of seconds.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by andrew6986
I wouldn't have seen your tip in the first place if I wasn't on here, therefore I would not be done, I would be sitting here arguing with cocky musicians...
No one's cocky. You're just lazy as fuck.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
^ if you didn't find it difficult you wouldn't be asking us to do your homework.

+1 to JLJ's answer.
Quote by z4twenny
^ if you didn't find it difficult you wouldn't be asking us to do your homework.

He didn't say it was difficult. He wanted to know if there's a shortcut to creating intervals so he can get it over with faster. He apparently doesn't grasp that there is no shorter way since this is the most basic subdivision of theory.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by andrew6986

Examples:

What exactly do you need help with/not understand? You didn't really ask a specific question.
You mean how to find intervals easy?

Well, you could make the mayor scale of the root you are given (use circle of fifths, etc), and then compare the intervals in said scale with the interval you are supposed to do.
For instance, if you have E and you have to make a m2 above it (not too hard, but you could have to make the #6 of Cbb for instance), take the E major or minor scale, and compare the major second in them (F#) with the minor second you have to do. Knowing the clasification of scales and their species, you know that minor-major are 1 chromatic semiton apart, so if you have a M2 being F#, then a m2 would be F.

If you already know the major/minor scale, it would be easier to identify notes and intervals without having to contruct an entire scale just for doing it.

Well, there is also a tone-semitone way which I don't know (I could figure it out, but I don't want to for now)...
On a staff if a note is on the line then the lines above it are odd - 3 5 7 etc. The spaces above are even 2 4 6 etc. And it is the reverse going down. The lines underneath are even and the spaces underneath are odd.

If it's on the space then the spaces above are odd, the spaces below are even, and the lines above are even while the lines below are odd.

That's the easy way to find the number of the interval. Then if it is minor or whatever you use your tags 𝄫♭♮♯𝄪 to get the quality right.

For example if you're given E on the bottom line of the Treble Cleff and have to notate a major third above you will need to go to the next line above and add a ♯ to give G♯.

Maybe write out the major scale notes of all the 12 keys for your own reference and use that to help you. Then you will have all the major and perfect intervals from each note and can adjust as necessary. Then you will know where your sharps and flats will fall. Circle of fifths is good too - which someone already mentioned.

Or just guess.
Si
Thanks a lot last couple of people who answered! at least I found someone who is literate.

Xiaoxi, get over yourself. I asked a simple question, I didn't need to hear you bitching about me being lazy, because to be honest, that makes you a hypocrite.