i bought a used 2006 JCM 2000 TSL60 and then a used 2004 1960A 4x12 loaded with greenbacks (i think). i am gonna bust open the back panel to make sure, but just in case, will the greenbacks be alright with my 60 tube watts? i like good distortion like anyone else, but i love me some good full clean tone, also. is there gonna be any amount of decent headroom with these or should i return the cab?

The cab was 500. if the greenbacks will break up in my clean channel, i'm probably going to return the cab.

i am at school away from my purchase, so i haven't even had a chance to plug in yet, that's the only reason i am asking.

thanks!

(i searched but i need a flat out specific answer from someone)
98 Epiphone Flying V Korina (Gibson '57 Classic and Classic Plus)

BD-2

Sovtek Mig-50
1979 Marshall 1960A (original Greenbacks)

i`d kill for greenbacks and i play Slayer LOL, there not even made for metal, but OMFG they sounded so SOOOOOO good with my JCM 900

there made i think for blues and stuff like that. i heard there kinda flat and lets the amp really ring throught without colouring it`s tone like other speakers. but what i do know is i`d gift wrap 500 bucks for you for that cab LOL
Providing all 4 of them are Greenbacks, you will be fine for headroom. The cab will have a total rating of 100 watts capability, so a 60 watt tube head is an almost perfect match.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
You're fine.

Greenbacks sound amazing, I want to change out the speakers in my 1960 for them and I play metal
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
anyone know how my cleans are gonna sound? are they gonna break up faster than if i had, say, G12T-75's or V30's?
98 Epiphone Flying V Korina (Gibson '57 Classic and Classic Plus)

BD-2

Sovtek Mig-50
1979 Marshall 1960A (original Greenbacks)
If you're pushing your amp hard, then yes, they will break up and you will get some speaker breakup, especially compared to speakers like g12t-75s and v30s.
As long as you use a low output neck pickup for cleans you won't get any speaker distortion.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I can get speaker break up running a 30 watt JTM45 into a 2x12 of greenbacks with a strat if I push the amp hard enough. Speaker breakup has more to do with the output of the amp into the speakers than the guitar's input into the amp.
greenbacks sound awesome with marshalls, even higher wattage ones. I'd love to see how the greenbacks work with my DC (my current sound is like a marshall mixed with a dual recto and it sounds awesome).