The binding on my Gibson LP is showing signs of wear and tear around the body and down the neck... I was wondering if its possible to get this redone and how expensive it'd be to re-do?

Anyone got any idea?

Many thanks.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
It's more time consuming than anything, you'll have to remove the old binding, scrape the rabbet clean, and then reglue the new stuff.

All you'll really need to buy is the new binding, tape, and superglue/adhesive to stick it down. Be careful not to chip the finish, though.

I think there's a couple tutorials on projectguitar.com... if not in the ultimate tutorial thread.

And I'd love to see pics of the wear and tear (mainly because I'm a les paul fiend)?
------

Shwiggity.
Well its not so much wear and tear, more a ghastly cream colour.
The only real damage is along the neck.

My idea is to replace all the cream around the body with chrome and ebony along the neck.
The guitar is ebony in colour already.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
no do 1 colour....
it'll be hard to do the neck casue you will have to pull the frets off and then heat it up/ steam it and take it off and than all the stuff jake said...