When i started playing rock band i did vocals and fell in love. I took chorus when iw as in HS so i already had a hick up for singing jsut forgot where it went to cause i t has been about 12 years since i did it. Once i got back into it. Learning how to breath right and sing. ANd really belt out those choruses and long notes and still stay in key. I began to like rock band even more. So i baught the game american idol for 360 and i did good at that. Queen was hard to sing. God bless freddy merc he had a great voice. Then rock band 2 came out and i was like OMG I LOVE THIS GAME. i sing on expert vocals. But now i wanna get back into playing guitar and now that i think i can sing i wanna combine the 2 and do some acoustic stuff. any comments will help .
ty and good to be back ont his site.
also if there is a good sijnging site like this. PLa let me know
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
it proves that you can play a video game really well.

the best way to find out if you're cut out to be a singer is to stop signing along with the video game track, which mixes in the proper vocal recording when you come close enough to the right pitch, and just plain old sing.
Just go for it, that's all you can do.

Although at first you might find it quite hard to coordinate your playing and singing at the same time. I even find it hard to talk while im playing, so yea, it might take some practice.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Not really. There's no accounting for tone, technique, breathing, etc. All it does is tell you that you can hit the notes.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Dude, listen to yourself singing. Then you'll know if it's something you'd listen to or not. If you want to be a singer you need to practice heaps anyway, so just start if that's what you're into.
Being able to do good at singing on Rock Band(or any game for that matter) doesn't mean you would be a good singer in real life. It just means you can control your voice to an extent, which is good. Many people can play expert vocals on RB and do good by just humming. Makes them a good singer? No. Is it possible that you have the potential to be a singer? Yes. Record yourself singing, listen to it, let any honest person you know listen, and have them give you their opinion.
Quote by Frosted Flakes
Being able to do good at singing on Rock Band(or any game for that matter) doesn't mean you would be a good singer in real life. It just means you can control your voice to an extent, which is good. Many people can play expert vocals on RB and do good by just humming. Makes them a good singer? No. Is it possible that you have the potential to be a singer? Yes. Record yourself singing, listen to it, let any honest person you know listen, and have them give you their opinion.

i sing i dont hum ,but, i know what your talking about. ALso for singing. I can sing low and i can sing high. Not like mariah carry high but high. Ill be recording some samples and out them on here and everyone can tell me i suck or have potential lol ty again

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Dec 3, 2008,
Yeah, in the same way the some people believe that Through the Fire and Flames Expert on Guitar Hero means they are cut out to become King Satch II.

In short, No.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

I HEAR ya i mean i think personally singing and drums is the most realistic feature on Rock band. correct me if im rock. I mean the drums has no high hat. But some songs it almost feels like ur playing real drums. ANd singing u have to have the right pich and carry that pitch.
Its not the exact same but almost?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
I Dont believe in all the Rock band singing crap
My mate is an expert at Rock band
But hes F***ing awful!
You need to learn technique and then make it like second nature to you. Does Rockband teach you how to breath with your diaphragm? How to resonate? Does it teach you any warm ups?

It probably helps you a little with pitch perception, and that's it. Dude, if you want to sing, get singing lessons.
We're only strays.
Sorry, dude, and not to be an ass, but you can moan like Hellen Keller and do good, as long as you stay in pitch, you'll kick ass at rock band. Just try singing and seeing what your friends think, but not the really good friends, cuz they will probably just tell you you're good so it doesn't hurt your feelings.
Quote by JeanMi36
The little toe is one fragile motherfuc*er.
You can sing with no emotion and be an expert Rock Band vocalist.
For example, no vibrato & no raising/lowering in volume. It won't even let you sing your own harmony to the original melody.
The only thing it proves is that you can hit notes accurately.

Yea, I'm up to expert on Rock Band too but I think I'm a horrible singer.
yeah in truthful rock band guitar hero blah blah blah. It inspires a lot of people to start playing. I got inspired by my singer from my sisters boyfriends band but my guitarist in my band didn't start guitar till guitar hero came out. eventually he doesn't want to play guitar hero no more just because you can't do any squeals with the damn control.
Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist/Bassit/Drummer/Screamer/Marocka Shaker/Flute Tamer/Bio Chemical Robot Lover/Holographic Charizard owner/ Industrial waste polutionier/Stoner
In short, no. It takes practice and techniques which you will not get from trying to make your voice stay on a little green line. After actually learning to sing, you'll realize how different RB is than the real thing and probably have to limit yourself to do well in that any more (although really, I'd much rather be able to actually sing than be good at a singing game haha)

Kind of like now that I've been playing guitar for around 2 years, I don't like guitar hero type stuff as much. I always try to vibrato haha
I love singing on Rock Band 2 aswell. It's fun, and I always get five stars, but that doesn't mean I'm a good singer. I actually think I sing better when I'm not playing rock band, because I can sing in a different key when I want to, but with Rock Band vocals I have to belt out or drop/raise an octave so I can stay in pitch, which doesn't sound as good. But if you can control your pitch well, you have a fundamental aspect of singing down. If your voice doesn't crack when your belting out the higher notes (which mine does after playing for a while) then your even better off. But I'd definitely recommend lessons to make sure you sound good, because there's a difference between being accurate and being pleasing to the ear. But if you can incorporate both of those into your vocals, you'll be well on your way.
yeah, Rock Band honestly proves nothing... the reason being, you don't have to sing with a full voice, you don't have to enunciate, you don't have to have good pitch control...

a video game is designed for the masses; it has to be flexible with its accuracy, or people will complain that it's too hard.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
My friend can play the Guitar on Guitar Hero 4 and sing at the same time.

She bought a Squier though and was too lazy to play it, so it shows how useful Guitar Hero is.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by silly6-string
also does it mean if u can sing and fail on expert. Does it mean ur a ****ty singer?

Not at all... There is a bare minimum of connection between actual singing and video game singing. The same way that the guitar on Rock Band works your co-ordination with your hands and fingers, but doesn't mean you're a good guitarist by any means. Honestly, I'm an actual vocalist in a band (both harsh and clean vocals) and I can't even do that well on Rock Band vox on hard, haha.
hehe... if you really wanna sing then just sing! it's all up to you.. skills will follow... =]]
If you can nail/belt out (not just sing in key) "Man In The Box" and "Painkiller," then drop your guitar and pick up a mic lol

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.