So, few can prolly still recall my thread(s) almost a year ago when my poor Randall was KIA (quite possibly my best jam to date) and sat and collected dust for months. But just a few weeks ago i finally got the money together to send it to Music Corp. in IL to be fixed under warranty. I had to bounce between so many phone calls just to make sure this thing was going to the right place and that it was going to be fixed free of charge-i'm not made of money. And so it arrived at the university just a couple hours ago and after lugging that thing from my car into the dorm hall, i am finally relieved that it's back and working again!!

all of these pics are old, but the amp doesn't look any different:

the power tubes were replaced with JJs!! they were originally Rubys...nothing special. That takes care of half my tube upgrade to come.

i also got in contact with a guy from the randall mts forums who wanted to trade his 'Ultra' module for my 'Recto'...i just got that in today also . so yea, mail's been good today.

cept one thing......Randall forgot to send my power cord back...

so i've got the 62' Roadster Vette...but no key to the ignition..
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Hahahahaha you got royally pwned with that power chord. Grats on getting your precious back though
WTLTL 2011
yes it is quite a blow...but i called Randall and they're sending me a new one today. but it'll take a few days....thank God for friends who play guitar also
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Congrats! It is nice to have the gudz back isn't it? I don't think it would be as easy to hotwire as the '62 vette would be so please don't try!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
You can use a standard computer power cable. In all actuality, higher grade computers use more power than even the hottest of amps.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
^yea, trust me, i've been looking for anyone w/ a desktop computer who doesn't mind letting me borrow their cord for a couple days...lol...not so easy...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
also forgot to mention that the guy who's trading his ultra for my recto seems to have already upgraded the preamp tubes in his module to Electro Harmonix's...SA-WEET. so i pretty much just need two preamp tubes for my 'clean' module....what to get what to get...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Just use another kettle lead temporarily...!?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
kettle lead? sorry i have no idea what you're saying...lol i'm slow today.

i got my gf picking me up a power cord from the guitar store on the way home from work, then she'll take it back after a few days and get her money back. i did that last month when i somehow left my cord for my blackheart back at home for the week...so they'd prolly wise up if they saw me do it again, even though they like me.

yup, so it's still a really expensive nightstand for another couple hours.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
great news update! i should be uploading some sound clips of the amp this weekend!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Great looking amp dude. It looks vintage from the shape and the grille cloth, but modern too because of the modules. Bet it sounds primo.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
honestly...it's not mine...

that amp is known as the Panty Dropper....and heel-taker-offer
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH