Page 1 of 3
(Probably many threads like this, but let's start a new one)

What is the one pedal you can't live without? The one that makes you feel naked when you don't have it with you. The one that defines your tone.

For me, its my OG Crybaby Wah Wah pedal. As long as my amp has a decent amount of gain, I don't need any Dist. Or Overdrive pedals. My wah is a big part of my style.

How about you guys?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
My SD-1. Without that pedal to boost my leads I'd cry, because without it my DSL sounds dry when soloing.
Slash Wah

Its my only pedal, and the only one i'll ever need.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive. The only "pedal" I own that's actually in my rig.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Steve Vai Jemini...Use it for Overdrive,Distortion,Lead Boost, Volume Boost...It's meh baybay.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Probably my Hothead

Its the only pedal which has that specific tone what is mine like.
my whammy IV. I use it to solo a ton. and my wah on occasion
my gear: Gibson 2008 Standard Flying V
Marshall MG100DFX
2006 Mexican Stratocaster
GAS Gear: Gibson 1959 Goldtop Les Paul
Vox AC30 Custom Classic
Jackson USA Soloist
BBE Sonic Stomp, all I usually use is that and an EQ pedal.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
My od pedal. It keeps me from od'ing on cleans.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I have to say my OCD...
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Metal Muff.

or my

RP250 (shut up!)
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Big Muff Pi.

Without that, i wouldn't be able to do my sustaining, controlled-feedback style lead lines.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
my MXR 108 10 band EQ, it sit ontop of my amp at ALL times plugged through the FX loop, my amp doesn`t NEED it but to get that tone i just love i need it LOL, and it`s nice to beable to fine tune my tone.
My H&K Tube Factor
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I love how everyone is listing an od pedal.

Mine is my dd-6 lol
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Freakshow FX Digilog Digital Delay.

However, I rarely ever use it without either the volume pedal and (or) the phaser.
The one pedal I can't live without is the one pedal that I don't own.

My friend has an Xotic BB Preamp and I loooooooooove it. I'm GASing so hard for it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Either my wah or my TS9; My TS9 is key to my tone and playing, but I can just crank my amp and I love my wah.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
my Fulltone Fulldrive II is pretty essential for my blackheart getting that heavily saturated and OD'd sound...but for the randall, i usually do fine just guitar>amp.

but i haven't had the MXR delay long enough to know whether or not that will be the top contender
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
When I get it, most likely a Sanpera.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
now that i think about it, if i'm using a two channel amp, it'd prolly be the footswitch!! lol.

and to those who want to say, "just use the volume knob on your guitar", i'm referring to high gain amps, you have to roll down a little farther on the volume knob for them to clean up acceptably..at which point your decrease in volume is very noticeable.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
now that i think about it, if i'm using a two channel amp, it'd prolly be the footswitch!! lol.

and to those who want to say, "just use the volume knob on your guitar", i'm referring to high gain amps, you have to roll down a little farther on the volume knob for them to clean up acceptably..at which point your decrease in volume is very noticeable.

Yeah rolling down the volume after playing some metallica doesn't work that well for me. Plus I don't like rolling down the volume knob, because I lose tone too.
^yea all depends on how clean you want your cleans really. like the bridge in Welcome to the Jungle, could easily be done just by rolling off the volume a few notches, and it still has that chime and grit of slight OD, but enough to get crunch if hit hard.

doesn't quite work that way with a lot of metal/thrash IMO. you need your strictly clean/cleanish sound, and your heavy gain. but then again, i would think blues/rock players use playing dynamics more seeing that they're usually low to mid gain
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
At the moment its my Zoom G1x but soon it will probably be a Bad Monkey on the OD channel.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
MXR Smartgate. I can't stand hiss.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
The only one I have is an Ibanez DS-7

But I'm stocking up on pedals for christmas

Seeing as I play rock and prog metal, I will probably be relying on my Blackstar HT-Dual that I'm getting. Turns my single channel blackheart into a 3 channel MONSTA! (I hope).

Gotta try it out first.
probably my phase 90. but maybe my dd6. really depends on the band. one of my bands plays classic rock and the other plays prog.
My Fender Blender, because without it I wouldn't be able to create waves of feral fuzz blasts.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
My 2 button footswitch for my amp. :P
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Bootzilla wah/fuzz. I mean come on, it's a completely over the top fuzz and a wah, both of which don't suck on bass like every guitar fuzz and wah ever made. I don't need it to live, but my life would be noticibly lamer if I didn't have it.
Page 1 of 3