I live in a dormroom. There was a leak in my ceiling near the window. It was a panel about 2 x 1 feet and it was leaking water through the screw. I complained about it at the front desk because it leaked into my TV all week when I was on break.

Now, when I got back from class today, these 2 guys were there working on it. Complete dumbasses. One guy unscrewed the screw more, and it was like water from a fosset streaming into my room so he held the trashcan up to catch it. The other guy unscrewed the other side and it was raining in here.

Dumbass #2 decides that it's taking too long and he has other stuff to do. He puts the flathead screwdriver in the panel and pulls. About 8 gallons of water gushed into my room and ruined a lot of my stuff. Some went into the TV, some in the Xbox, some ruined my papers, and a power strip is now engulfed in water (I'm afraid to turn anything on, obviously).

These guys just started to leave and I was like uh okay can I have some paper towels atleast? And they gave them to me and basically said "you're welcome." and left.

Now to the point. How can I file a complaint against something like this? These negligent idiots ruined a lot of my stuff and then left me to clean up the massive flood. My room mate is going to be pissed as well...
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
complain to food and housing services.
edit: take pictures too so you have proof also list the prices of each item that got ruined.
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Last edited by potcorn56 at Dec 3, 2008,
At least they didn't put water on your computer, or else you'd not be able to vent on the internet.
go back to the front desk you mentoned and complain untill the dude gets so annoyed he/she sends you to his/her boss and continue to complain untill someone does something about it.
Quote by Victor Wooten
Frontbassman, You Win!
Also, Sig this or die!

^Yea you read right, Victor Wooten just gave me a complement.

Quote by kevin14u2nv

dude, in flames sucks.
all their music sounds the same

^ he listens to dragonforce
Oooh, pretty sure you could sue for damages.
Us English folk know how much you lot like to sue people
yeah man you definitely have a case there, complain until they pay for the stuff they broke.
Quote by Thepoison92
Oooh, pretty sure you could sue for damages.
Us English folk know how much you lot like to sue people

I am suing you for that remark, you have besmirched me, good sir.
Quote by MoroneSaxatilis
I am suing you for that remark, you have besmirched me, good sir.

Maybe we can make an out of court settlement?
I'll give you blowjobs AND sig you, if you don't sue?
No way!
File complaints with absolutely everybody! Ring Obama if you really have to. Tell them how negligent the workers were along with pictures to show just how much nerve they had. Also explain how they were extremely cocky in giving you paper towels to clean up even though it is 100% their fault.
Quote by Ben Wright
No way!
File complaints with absolutely everybody! Ring Obama if you really have to. Tell them how negligent the workers were along with pictures to show just how much nerve they had. Also explain how they were extremely cocky in giving you paper towels to clean up even though it is 100% their fault.

Right, because that's grounds for a lawsuit.

Sometimes I'm ashamed to live in America.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by Kamikaze21
^I would be too, you guys obviously don't even understand sarcasm..

sarcasm does not go well with the internet
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.