Poll: What Woueld you call yourself?
Poll Options
View poll results: What Woueld you call yourself?
English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish
29 67%
British
14 33%
Voters: 43.
I was listening to the radio the other day and a really interesting debate came up
so i thought i would ask the pit what they thought!
BRITISH PEOPLE ONLY!
If you were abroad and someone asked you what nationallity you were
what would you call yourself?
English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish
OR
British

I would say i am English
what would you say?
Bands to see before I die:
Again:
Machine Head
Lamb Of God
JFAC
BTBAM
TesseracT
Pendulum

For the First time:
Periphery
Texures
Monuments
Mumford & Sons
The Prodigy
Paolo Nutini

CASTODIUM!!!
myspace.com/castodium
Do you honestly think anyone is going to say "Welsh"?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Im not much of a patriot, but its definatly English
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Scottish,Its not that I think that scotland is not part of britain, I just hate it when people think scotland and wales are regions of england
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Scottish.

Around 30-35% of Scottish people identified themselves as Scottish only and a further 30-35% Scottish 1st then British 2nd in a poll round about the time of devolution.
Of all the British people I have come across in my life, none of them have referred to themselves as British.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Irish...ya occupying bastards
Nah Irish simply because the land i am on is called Ireland
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
I come from Wales. If that is classified as a country, that is where you come from.

Usually i just have a problem with the ignorant U.S citizens who don't seem to know their arse from their elbow.......that's why they elected a monkey.

Almost every European I've come across knows Wales - Le Pays de Galles etc

Distance is not an excuse.

I know all the American states.....

EDIT: I believe that reading some of these posts, i can put the English in the ignorant category too - i know, its shocking.....we have sheep and cows!
English, it annoys me when people call people British.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'm an American, and I've always heard people I've met over here describe themselves by one of the first options.

I didn't vote in the poll though.
i'd say England because NATIONality implies NATION and Britain isn't a nation so to speak.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Ireland is not a part of Britain so i would say that almost all irish people would say that they're irish
Quote by ride-the-spiral
Ireland is not a part of Britain so i would say that almost all irish people would say that they're irish

I thought it was part of Britain, the British Isles, but not the United Kingdom.
I'd say British. I don't know why, I just would.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by adyhendrixc
I thought it was part of Britain, the British Isles, but not the United Kingdom.

Irelead is part of the British Isles, but Great Britain is just the larger of the two (y'know the one with Scotland, England, and Wales). Whether being British refers to the British Isles or just Great Britain is for you lot to decide.
English. I was born in England, so that makes me English. Plus saying British makes you just boring, even if my passport is a British one.

For clarification:

Britain - England, Scotland, Wales
UK - England Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

while having been born in england both my parents are polish so i'd never say english
Quote by Kensai
Do you honestly think anyone is going to say "Welsh"?

I have awesome hair
Quote by KwikKopy
Irelead is part of the British Isles, but Great Britain is just the larger of the two (y'know the one with Scotland, England, and Wales). Whether being British refers to the British Isles or just Great Britain is for you lot to decide.

Ah fair enough. I thought they were the same thing.
English.
Don't want to be associated with the rest of this tax stealing twat of an island.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
If I were in a place where I could be targeted for hatred for being British I'd say I'm Scottish, which isn't untrue as I'm half Scottish half English. If I were sure I'd be safe I'd say I'm British, if asked for further elaboration I'd explain.

Of course I have to go through this on a regular basis as I do live abroad. Fortunately I've never been subjected to bad treatment due to my nationality, which isn't surprising to be honest.
I'm from Northern Ireland and I always call myself Irish.

Nothing symbolic or anything, it's mainly because you tend to get treated better abroad if you're Irish and you have an Irish passport (we have the choice of having either an Irish or a British passport) for some reason.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT