Im about to buy a Mac notebook soon for Uni, and I was just wondering a few things..
1) Cubase LE - Will it work on a Mac?
2) Alesis 8channel USB Mixer - There wont be any problems using this is there?

Also, what does everyone think of garageband? Any good like?

xx
Probably.

What kind of MAC? I am going to get one hopefully myself. Goddamn Windows Vista AIDS is no alternate. PC is pissing me off anyways.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
i love garageband. it's probably the best recording software i've used, and it's free, so that's pretty sweet. my friend hooked up a line 6 toneport and recorded easily to garageband and stuff, so it's pretty versatile too apparently. lots of tracks, good loops for drums and stuff, nice effects. sorry to sound like a fanboy, but i really like it.

i can't speak for that other stuff you mentioned because i haven't used them, but USB stuff should be compatible.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
2.1GHz

* Intel Core 2 Duo
* 1GB DDR2 Memory
* 120GB hard drive1
* Intel GMA X3100 graphics

£704.00 - Its like a heartbreaking amount of money ahah.

Also, yeah, Vista sucks haha, i dont like the fans on computers because they interfere with my recording to much, and theyre slow.

1 gig in a mac is like 5gig ina microsoft.
I think.. Well PC world guy said its a lot more than 1 gig in a microsoft is.
Darkfire, cheers for the fanboy advice, you big fanboy Its helping me want one more and more though. Im just worried about all my software not working because i spent loads of money haah

xx
Yeah well MACs are media computers foremost. It should run fine. Kinda small harddrive though. I'd have that filled in a short period of time. Maybe look into a Buffalo External Harddrive? They are quite cheap and it's always a good idea to keep your files safe on one in case of any trouble.

What are you recording through? All software/hardware i use are MAC compatible so i don't think you will have any problems. If you do you can always use something else...there are tons of software!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

On mycomputer right now i have 40Gb HD haha, so im copingfine on that, I dont use much memory i dont think. I will once i get samples etc running up. Also, garageband is kind of like using midi and samples right? Does that mean it will work with my Mac compatible midi controller?

Probably. Well Recording will take alot space! Remember that. Jeez...i got 320 GB and its not enough Well cheers! Good luck.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Garageband isn't that good at all.
Get Logic Pro, it's expensive but a friend or someone you know might have it so you can borrow it off them.
It's also like 45gig.