Hey EG,

I've just finished getting my trusty Les Paul modded. I've dropped a nice bit of cash on it and swapped a lot of stuff, so I'm thinking that I should just pull the trigger and replace everything.

I'm thinking of getting a Tusk Nut, Grover Rotomatics with the 18:1 in chrome and a TonePros T3BT bridge & T1ZS Locking Tailpiece set in chrome.

I'm also going to do a refret in the future.

Does EG think it's worth it? I think even the slightest modification to slightly improve tone is worth it, so that's my bias.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
What kind of paul is it?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
What kind of paul is it?

Gibson Les Paul Supreme in Alpine White.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It's an Epi I figure?

If so, the new nut is a good idea, the plastic nuts are meh (self lubricating nuts ftw!). I'm not so sure about the Grovers. Some Epis have bad tuning machines, others have rather good ones. Usually you can tell the shoddy ones by just touching them, they wiggle. They hold tune well when they're new, but in the long run.......meh!
I suggest you get the nut first and see if the tuning is stable with it, if not, new tuners!
The bridge on my (fairly good) Epi is a piece of sh*t, the saddles are all over the place and could have been manufactured more carefully. I personally think that TonePros blow the benefits of their hardware out of proportion, but if your bridge is as bad as mine it's worth a shot. I've never had a locking tailpiece, but that sounds interesting.

EDIT: Or maybe an ebony board.

Hey, may I suggest something crazy? If you want new frets, why not an entirely new fretboard? Most Epis have low quality fretboards nowadays that can be replaced by a luthier. You could even get custom inlays (with LEDs, would look pretty good on stage) if you wanted. Don't ask me how much that costs though.

EDIT: So Gibson, eh? In that case, the new nut won't be necessary I figure, though Gibson hardware can be just as bad as Epi hardware, so the new bridge, tailpiece and tuners are still worth a look.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Dec 3, 2008,
...im in awe of your taste in guitar...
mmmm
but while im thinking..
do you drop tune, if so try and earvana nut..like the ltd/esp series..might do you a bundle of good
but definately tonepro is the way yo go..i reckon you are gona have the most fapping worthiest guitar after that job!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by fairycake92
...im in awe of your taste in guitar...
mmmm
but while im thinking..
do you drop tune, if so try and earvana nut..like the ltd/esp series..might do you a bundle of good
but definately tonepro is the way yo go..i reckon you are gona have the most fapping worthiest guitar after that job!

I don't drop tune, I think I'll pass.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
yea just an idea..i do alot of odd tunings..so i have lots of guitars, but figuring you have a reallllllly nice one..was worth a shot at telling you
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Gibson Les Paul Supreme in Alpine White.

Ok, then those sound good, although i believe the stock tuners are fine, but replace them if you want to.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by fairycake92
yea just an idea..i do alot of odd tunings..so i have lots of guitars, but figuring you have a reallllllly nice one..was worth a shot at telling you

I have other guitars for that

My Strat is in open G right now.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster