I am having a problem with my brand new crate v18 212. It has a gain and tone knob. However with the gain at 0 and the volume turned to 10(full blast) it is not very loud. I can barely hear it . However when i turn the gain up the slightest bit the amp get really loud. Is there something wrong with my amp? If there isn't, then this is a stupid question. I have a peavey classic 50 that i usually use, and it gets very loud with the gain not turned on at all. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you.
its like that on a lot of amps, your just gonna need a bit of gain. keep in mind for the next thread about amps or anything, put it in the gear & accessories forum
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
o ya sry, i havent posted much in the guitar forums recently. jst in the classified ones. however, it seems like i get a quicker and better response when i post here.
i don't think that's a problem. just set the gain at 1 or 2... or lower the master volume.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?