I've got a question, but i only want a yes or no answer. I don't want to hear how MG's suck because i allready know that and i dont wan't to hear marshall suck, get orange . I just want to know the answer to this queston:

'Would a 100 watt marshall tube combo be louder than a Marshall mg100hdfx?'

Bearing in mind the MG is on full volume when i use it at a gig or band practice.
Guitar: Fender Standard Tele

Amp: Marshall JCM900 4100

Pedals: Boss DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby, Dancelectro CC-1, Ibanez LU-20
Quote by Falsealibis
I've got a question, but i only want a yes or no answer. I don't want to hear how MG's suck because i allready know that and i dont wan't to hear marshall suck, get orange . I just want to know the answer to this queston:

'Would a 100 watt marshall tube combo be louder than a Marshall mg100hdfx?'

Bearing in mind the MG is on full volume when i use it at a gig or band practice.

a 100 watt tube amp is so much louder than a 100 watt solid state its not even funny.

I remember hearing Zoltan from Five Finger Death Punch leaves his half stack on 4 and that's at a big show like mayhem fest.

And 100 watt cranked sounds good, 100 watt solid state gets worse as you crank it.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Cheers lads, hopefully my MG's hittin the road pretty soon. I'll be glad so see it go lol.

MG's suck!!!

Haha, in all seriousness though, 100 solid-state watts is usually enough to sound okay with a band, whereas 100 tube watts is insanely loud and is probably capable of killing whales on full blast

I have a 100 watt tube head that I've never needed to turn past 1/3 of the way for a gig.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Also, Tube amps, because they are more expensive, have a more accurate power rating, where with cheap shitty solid state they just throw 100W on the amp to sell it.
Thanks alot

I seriously suggest you get thé amp you want in a 50watt configuration insted if thats an option, or even less Like others said, 100watts of tube is sooo loud. not only because tubes tend to sound louder, but also because it goes so much over 100watts. remember the 100watt rating is rms, meaning before the amp breaks up. Per instance I now use the 2061x head and a 2x12 cab. The head is only 20 watts ( really loud even for 20 watts of tube though), and is noticably louder than say a mg100hdfx. Really the 20 watts are PLENTY loud for even bigger medium sized gigs. Bare that in mind as you choose. And also remember that tube amps, especially if you wanna get great overdrive tones, come from the amp being pushed.
What amp is it your looking at?
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
I'm looking at the JVM410c 100 Watt combo.

Personally as your in that price range I would really check out the 1974x. Do a side by side, and i can almost guarantee you which one youll end up with really that is about the same vol as the mg. though it has a humble rating of 18 watts but try them out. The jvm is a good amp, but imo it sounds a bit too far from what marshalls sound is all about.
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat