About the Ibanez Mick Thompson signature guitar. It has a Fixed Edge III bridge which is factory tuned to drop B. Is it possible to tune to say dropped A or Bb. Because its fixed, would it work with just loosening the locking head and fastening it afterwards. Or does the whole fixed trem need to be adjusted? It's probably a beginner question, but I couldn't find a straight answer anywhere.

I was actually planning to buy a seven string to play slipknot and use the AEADGBE (or similar) tuning after listening to a few songs. But after reading most of the songs are actually dropped B, I thought this kin of guitar might be a better choice to swap between drop A and B?

EDIT: or should i just stop worrying, buy either of em, and to swap between the tunings just use the Digitech Whammy pedal to lover it a tone (and lose the other capabilities of the pedal) Don't think this is the best idea, just came up with it.
████████
████████
████████
Last edited by Skywalker007 at Dec 3, 2008,
Quote by xXCRA1GXx
oh yes if mick can you can

i know its possible, but will it be easy, or would the bridge need adjustment (becasue it is still a tremelo bride, however fixed) ?
████████
████████
████████
check to see if it has springs on the back, if it does youll need set up, if it doesny just unlcok te bridge and nut and tune,
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
nah dude as long as ure string gauge is good and high so u dont get frett buzz all u gotta do is unlock the nut clamp things and tune down. if its fixed its not gonna effect anything.
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
don't know how it looks in detail, i'm still planning to get it and this might be a deciding factor. But seeing as it says fixed trem bridge, I originally assumed it would be possible to tune without adjusting, then become uncertain and wanted to check.
████████
████████
████████
It's fixed
so it's not floating so you tune it like a normal fixed bridge
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
That's what i also thought at first, Thanks
████████
████████
████████